• Keep it and wait on the Boss

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Try to keep both but have to really cut budget

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters

gilby959798

Wyatt's daddy!
Established Member
Well I am wanting to get a boss 302 and can't decide if I really want to get rid of the 98. I want to keep the car and have space but the toy fund only allows for one toy unless I wait and buy a used one in a few years.. What would you do?

For reference, I only put 850 miles on the cobra this summer until last weekend when I took it on a trip. Total this year is 2000 miles now.

redrocket16

Established Member
Would you enjoy the boss more than the cobra? If not why make payments on a car that is sitting in the garage and not paid for vs the cobra? I couldn't make payments to not drive it close to everyday.

gilby959798

Wyatt's daddy!
Established Member
I would probably drive the Boss everyday. The 4.30s and loud exhaust gets old to drive all highway to work...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bad03gt

Do what!?
Established Member
I wouldn't trade it in you won't get what you would like. I would sell it and tAke the money put it towards the boss

mark23svt

Established Member
I'm in the same boat bro, except with a 03 cobra. I wanted to keep mine but after some thought I know that after a have the 03 I'm probably not going to drive the 98 so the best thing is for me to sell and put that money towards the 03.

gilby959798

Wyatt's daddy!
Established Member
I've gotten offered 7k. If I keep it and get a boss, im going to make the cobra into my weekend drag racer.

gilby959798

Wyatt's daddy!
Established Member
I'll sell it and get the Boss. You have already riced the car out with those projectors...jus' sayin':??:

The projectors have saved me from hitting a deer many times. The stockers just weren't bright enough for my area... I still have all the stock pieces.

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
If you don't enjoy your car, sell it for something you will enjoy. Get the Boss!

gilby959798

Wyatt's daddy!
Established Member
If you don't enjoy your car, sell it for something you will enjoy. Get the Boss!

It's not that I don't enjoy the car because I do but with working like I have the car just isn't fun to drive to work every day. Plus they have been resurfacing the road to work and it seems that every morning I got more tar/asphalt on my Lincoln which is fine because it's not on the cobra. They worked on the east bound lane for a while now they are doing the westbound lane...

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
It's not that I don't enjoy the car because I do but with working like I have the car just isn't fun to drive to work every day. Plus they have been resurfacing the road to work and it seems that every morning I got more tar/asphalt on my Lincoln which is fine because it's not on the cobra. They worked on the east bound lane for a while now they are doing the westbound lane...

Ya I hear you. I have tar on my camry too lol, because CT has been repaving I-84 (seems like the entire thing). It's good, but can't wait till it's done.

If you are going to miss your cobra, maybe you shouldn't sell it. Or maybe you should just go drive a Boss and see how muich better you like it, then decide.

gilby959798

Wyatt's daddy!
Established Member
Sell the cobra to me :)

I've plenty of people say this same thing but I just can't lol. Realistically I want both. I might even say screw it and buy the Boss and keep the Cobra and if I feel like it's too much (or I can't take the wife's bitching anymore). I already told her I was going to look into it and she wasn't too happy but women just don't understand the need for a sports car.

Oceanside78

Established Member
I don't see the point. I'd give my first born for a new Boss. I've got another.

J/K, seriously though its such an upgrade, where's the personal debate coming from?

gilby959798

Wyatt's daddy!
Established Member
I don't see the point. I'd give my first born for a new Boss. I've got another.

J/K, seriously though its such an upgrade, where's the personal debate coming from?

After trying my whole life, I finally got my dad involved in a car project and that's it. He still has is first car (67 coupe) and I find it's hard to let go if something that we spent a good amount of time on.

98$vt

i love white girls
Established Member
After getting the Boss you would probably think the cobra is gutless. It is a 14 year old car.. Parts are hard to find, even tho it is easier tO work on. It's a toss up but I think you should outright sell it and go boss

Oceanside78

Established Member
After trying my whole life, I finally got my dad involved in a car project and that's it. He still has is first car (67 coupe) and I find it's hard to let go if something that we spent a good amount of time on.

Well, assuming he's still around (condolences if he's not) you can get the boss and work on that together...??

Users who are viewing this thread