Trade 2013 for SC'd 2017 ?

CobraG

Established Member
We went and drove the car today (2017 5.0 Roush SC). The SC really hits, I didn't get on it too much, the sales guy was in the car, but it hits. On a side note, my wife didn't care, she rowed the gears, I'm not sure how fast we were going, but she had it moving, lol.
The SC was nice! That was my first time to drive a SC'd car and really my first time to ride in one besides a 2nd - 3rd gear pull in an 03 Cobra back in the day. The car itself was okay, it's a plain GT, cloth Recaro seats, small screen on the radio, does have a backup camera but the screen is so small. It has the gauges in the middle which were pretty cool. It had an exhaust drone which seems typical for Mustangs, all mine have had it. The exhaust tips say MBRP, I haven't heard of that exhaust before.
They want $36,500 for it, which for around here is a good deal. A Roush SC'd car, with under 15K miles and dialed in, it was smooth and fast!

I'd be trading a 2013 Premium with heated leather seats, JBA LTH's, JLT, midpipe, MagnaFlow mufflers, MGW. I like the looks of my 2013 way better, inside and out, but that SC was nice!
My car has some small issues I've never gotten around to addressing, the idle bounces up and down (not sure why), the rear view mirror vibrates, just little things like that. It has 29K miles and sight unseen they offered me $17K for it.

I could get into a 2017 5.0 Roush SC'd car for under $20K. I have until Monday around 0900 to make my decision, someone else is supposed to come look at it Monday, at that price, I believe them, I don't think they're just saying that.

Also, I'm thinking about using this as a business decision too. Right now I can get $17K for my 2013, I'll trade it now for this 2017, then in a year or two I'll trade this one for a 2013/2014 GT500 and get back into my favorite body style. In a year or two the 2017 will be worth more than my 2013 will be.
(Yes, I know car's are depreciating assets, mine being a 13 with more miles will be worth less in 1-2 yrs than this 2017).

Anyway, sorry so long, If you've done something similar how'd it work out? Advice on the car etc.

2017 Ford Mustang GT Roush Supercharged Bristow OK | Sapulpa Tulsa Broken Arrow Oklahoma 1FA6P8CF1H5203102

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
I could get you a better (real offer) than 17k. Or sell it private party. Get more too.

q6543

Established Member
Rear feed or front feed?
Rear maybe do it...front.. no fn way, it would be slower than your NA car.

CobraG

Established Member
Wow! This was a while back! I ended up keeping my 2013. I recently put a Dynavin stereo and backup camera in it so it's not going anywhere.

CobraG

Established Member
What did that cost. Seriously considering getting a Dynavin
I paid $799 for the Dynavin with a promo code for free shipping. The backup camera was for my wife's Wrangler but wouldn't work so I used it on my car.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Nice! Post pics of that shit. The navigation is kinda silly tho imo cause everyone uses their phone these days and ur paying a LOT more for a feature ur never gonna use but glad to see u kept the best looking Model year Mustang ever built.....:D

Does it come with Apple CarPlay?

Wow! This was a while back! I ended up keeping my 2013. I recently put a Dynavin stereo and backup camera in it so it's not going anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread