Trade 2011 for new 2013????

Micho2011

Established Member
i have a oppurtunity to trade my 2011 with 5000miles for a 2013 with 10 miles for $25 000 in return, should i or keep the one i have ? is the 2013 that much better and yes i would have a car that is 2 years younger???

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
I would not but then again the only thing the 2013 did that made me happy was make the TVS prices drop.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Lots of factors involved and if its worth it to you, are they giving you a good price on your trade in? Do you really like the 13 that much more, for me the extent of mods I have to return my car to stock would be a nightmare. Also, I don't believe the 13 is worth the added cost payment wise for me.

csm1320

Established Member
If im reading it right and they are offering you 25k in trade for your 11, then i would tell them to get bent.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
I think he means the 13 would cost him 25k after all said and done.

It depends I guess. Th 13 has a lot of nice features, I personally would not, because I have all of the mods that makes my 11 every bit and more than what a 13 can do. The coolest thing pf the 13 is the track apps and info screen IMO. If you are still bone stock and do not mind the extra money you may pay, then go for it.

bpodner

My work car!
Established Member
Umm....NO! If I had another $25K to spend right now I would be buying something really nice from L&M or MMR.

Red-GT500

Needs More Torque!
Established Member
For that same 25K you could have a car thats much better than the 13 in every way. Save your money and build your car exactly how you want it.

03reptile

Established Member
I had an 11 (stock). Traded it for the current 13 (stock). Other than the additional power, which you can't use most of the time, I think there's not enough difference to justify the financial outlay. I loved the overall balance and performance of my 11. Nice to have the bragging rights of the 13, but I'd keep your 11, if I were you.

mgmustang1

Established Member
I was kicking around this idea but I couldn't justify 25k+ and I have a 2010. Interior and outside is mostly the same. I put the 13' grilles, tvs and 13' headlights and happy with the looks. I do always get, is it a 13' or 14'? Nope a 2010'.. Yes i'm not trading my iron block.
I could have gotten a new 2011 for 7k more than my new leftover 2010 and I couldn't do it. I spent less than half that in mods and have more power than a stock 2013.

YELL03

Established Member
I had an 11 (stock). Traded it for the current 13 (stock). Other than the additional power, which you can't use most of the time, I think there's not enough difference to justify the financial outlay. I loved the overall balance and performance of my 11. Nice to have the bragging rights of the 13, but I'd keep your 11, if I were you.

Can't get better advice than that.
I threw a TVS on my 2011 and it is perfect for an extra $2300.

SuperFly03

Established Member
That is trade in difference. Not trade in value.
Agreed. Knew that, was just addressing StangingAround.
LOL, not really. For chits and giggles I got my 13 appraised from a dealer and the most I was offered was 27k. No bueno.

Then someone lied to you or it was in a wreck. No way that's what a '13 is worth. But we digress in the thread.

R1Lello

Established Member
you're nuts, $25k can be spent better than that.

.........and for the record, I'm willing to bet you are not getting what you paid the '11 for, they take the profit from the '13 to "show" you better trade-in numbers.......it's called trade + discount.
Ask them to show the used car managers appraisal slip for the real number.

Users who are viewing this thread