Trade 1999 Turbo Cobra for 1993 Cobra

novi331

Established Member
1999 Cobra has 68K miles on it but the engine was rebuilt @ 55k by HPP in Lewisville, TX in preparation for the turbo kit .
Engine:
Tecsid block
JE 8.8-1 pistons
supercharger specific rings
ARP studs on the bottom end
Manley rods
stock crank micropolished.
upgraded to "C" heads and cams (from an 03 Termi)
90mm lightning maf with a mafia mass air extender
Custom dual exhaust off the down pipe with magnaflows.
Tubular "K" member and control arms with coil overs, Koni yellows and sub frame connectors
Wheels are FR500's with Sumitomo 275-35-18's on the rear and 245-45-18's up front, still has the factory 3.27's in the rear.
Turbonetics 62mm with a "P" trim turbine, 35mm blow off, and a 3" downpipe that has been wrapped
The fuel system is still a non return with a terminator tank with two SVT Focus pumps in the rear and .5" line to the fuel rail feeding 60lb injectors.
On a conservative tune on 93 octane and makes 507HP and 519TQ @ 10.45 lbs.
The car now has almost 14K on the rebuild. With the draw through setup, the car has a lot of manners around town and I can drive and never get into the boost but when spooled up the car pulls really hard. For some reason, after it warms up, sometimes the RPMs will go to 1500 at idle. After the car is restarted, it returns to normal. I understand that is all resolved with a blow through set up and new tune. I have babied this car and never got on it before it was warm and never on the track. After break in on the engine oil changes never went over 3K.
This car is mechanically sound and needs nothing.
Cons:
1) Still has the original T45, and it makes some noise. Shifts fine, no grinding. Testament to the car not being beat on.
2) The passenger side window hangs on the top if window is all the way up, has to be down an inch the rolled up when door is closed. Can be fixed super easy the next time the top is put up.
3) Previous owner installed a carbon fiber windshield cowling and the carbon fibers gloss has faded.
4. The title is clean and clear of any accidents. However the passenger front fender has been painted as it is a little off the factory color red. It was like that when I bought it. There is also a chip in the paint on the passenger rear upper quarter. It was there when I got the car, just have not cared to fix.

Im interested in a trade for a 1993 Cobra. Car is located in south Florida.

IMG_1605_zpsapgg3k6y.jpg

IMG_1607_zpswcss3quw.jpg

188_zpsb865dcd4.jpg

IMG_1612_zpslrbigopg.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread