Traction Control for high hp car?

Driver500

Established Member
Is there something out there that would work on my turbo 2003 that would allow me to just flat foot the throttle and have boost/power limited to just under the traction threshold?

Right now I'm running a 28" Mickey Thompson to get the job done, but being able to run a more "under the radar" tire and still get the most from the car would be fun. I'm just wondering if there is an engine mgmt system or something else that could accomplish this.

keith89

Established Member
I believe something was being worked on for the Ford GT crew a while ago. Don't know what happened with that. You would need to tap into the wheel speed sensors(abs sensors). Instead of checking for locked up wheels, you would need it to see if the rear wheels are spinning at greater rates than the fronts(taking tire diameter differences into account) and cut timing accordingly.

Driver500

Established Member
I believe something was being worked on for the Ford GT crew a while ago. Don't know what happened with that. You would need to tap into the wheel speed sensors(abs sensors). Instead of checking for locked up wheels, you would need it to see if the rear wheels are spinning at greater rates than the fronts(taking tire diameter differences into account) and cut timing accordingly.

That's pretty much what the Racetronics stuff does.

Mustang Matt

Established Member
Does it have to be traction control or could you dial it in with power control?

I assume your automatic, otherwise you could use the wotbox.

Could you do boost by gear with one of the boost controllers like the AMS1000?

03mustang92

1of154
Established Member
Why not just use a boost controller (ams1000). Just take in and dial in a ramp rate that allows u to stick to the ground without spinning and then go up like 3psi/sec (or more) after that??

Users who are viewing this thread