Traction control coming on when exiting corners

Jiffy

Established Member
And it’s not due to excessive throttle. Took the car out for a drive today and for some reason, the traction control is kicking when driving, predominantly when turning gentle left corners at 40-50 mph. Not trying to spin the tires and I’m sure it’s not spinning them and Confused since nothing on the car has changed since the last drives. turning traction control off works, but would prefer to sort this issue.

Any pointers? Thanks in advance

olympic

Established Member
Are your front and rear tires different diameter? This can cuse the ABS to do strange things.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I was just going to say to disable it (I never used mine because it's not a good system at all), but understand why you'd like to sort it out.

Jiffy

Established Member
Good point about the tire size, they are slightly different. 275/35/18 on the front, 275/40/18 on the rear, but I have been running these sizes for about 8 years so I’d be surprised if they’re suddenly the issue but I can’t discount that.
would damage to the abs rings show up in an error?

03cobra_keek

Established Member
The abs is picking up different signals, like other guy said. Check the abs rings could be simple like build up on the ring or a bad connection to the sensor

shurur

Established Member
Mine did that from the time I bought it.
It also bound a bit in reverse.

Eventually got the marbles sound..

Diffy Bearings bad.

Users who are viewing this thread