Traction after 5c install

125oh

Established Member
Hello guys ,just installed a 5c converter in the car . As expected now hooking up is not happening . My mods are tune ,5c , o/r h pipe, aluminum drive shaft , weld bigs and littles , with hoosier d/r . Only suspension is bmr lowering springs and panhard bar . What is the most effective way to get this baby to hook up ?

wolfman311

Established Member
Hello guys ,just installed a 5c converter in the car . As expected now hooking up is not happening . My mods are tune ,5c , o/r h pipe, aluminum drive shaft , weld bigs and littles , with hoosier d/r . Only suspension is bmr lowering springs and panhard bar . What is the most effective way to get this baby to hook up ?

Lower and upper control arms with mounts along with some good aftermarket struts and shocks should help out.

bmoney50

Established Member
if you are lowered without relocation brackets that is the first place to start. Get that anti squat corrected.

scotmach

Established Member
I get zero tracction on the street with my 4C converter. And that's with a 15" M/T drag radial and full suspenson.

125oh

Established Member
The 5c is awesome huge difference . i did install it , it wasnt to bad as long as you take your time . I did it over a pit also . scotmach im also on a 15 inch but hoosier . the car used to dead hook easy without the converter . now it just sit still and spins .

GearsNBeers

Established Member
Like they said before the relocation brackets will help a ton. The geometry of your car is all out of wack. I made the same mistake on my very first hot rod when I was in high school because I didn't know any better. When you lower your car the rear end still stays the same. It makes the front of the lca lower in comparison to the back. When you accelerate the force form the rear tires goes forward pushing the front of your car down while raising the back which totally sucks for traction.

Users who are viewing this thread