Track Tomorrow!

ArabianOak

Established Member
Your runs look about right, my GT500 runs 11.3@123-124 with 1.7 60' at Byron on drag radials. I will say you need to turn off the TC all the way and you will pick up a a mph or 2. Was the track prep ok I know BJ does a real good job of making the track hook.

Lots of drivers were complaining that the first 50-75 feet of the track was very bumpy. As far as sticky goes, i really feel like my car hooks MUCH better on the street even from a dig than it did at byron...I know thats due to having street tires and not DR's on the car...

BOD89LX

Established Member
Once I get my 2013 we should try and get a track day going with members from here.

ArabianOak

Established Member
well gang I just hung up with Monty from JMS and he has confirmed that not taking the traction control all the way off (meaning advanctrak as well) will cost the car between 5-7 mph for trap speed.

so, off to the track again next weekend to actually run the car with it ALL the way off this time.

I can't believe it affects the car that much! Crazy!

svt1111

Established Member
You're not driving through the water box, are you? Cleaning off the tires and coating them with the sticky VHT just before the starting line?

Svt-Rich

V
Established Member
well gang I just hung up with Monty from JMS and he has confirmed that not taking the traction control all the way off (meaning advanctrak as well) will cost the car between 5-7 mph for trap speed.

so, off to the track again next weekend to actually run the car with it ALL the way off this time.

I can't believe it affects the car that much! Crazy!

That's a lot of mph to make up for just advance track. I've ran with it on and my mph is in the same area. I would buy another email tune for another company just to see if it's the tune, just so you don't waste another day at the track and get the same results. I think BBR charges $50 for their email tune and they're a reputable company.

Edit* Never mind I checked BBR's site and it's $85 for a tune but regardless I would try another tune.

Last edited:

ArabianOak

Established Member
That's a lot of mph to make up for just advance track. I've ran with it on and my mph is in the same area. I would buy another email tune for another company just to see if it's the tune, just so you don't waste another day at the track and get the same results. I think BBR charges $50 for their email tune and they're a reputable company.

Edit* Never mind I checked BBR's site and it's $85 for a tune but regardless I would try another tune.

thats a good idea...maybe bring the laptop out with the SCT and try a few different tunes on the next track day.

ArabianOak

Established Member
Well gang I have been waiting on Monty from JMS to send me an updated tune for my small throttle issue and still have yet to receive it. We talked last friday and he said monday, I called monday and he said he would send by COB. Nothing in my email tuesday morning so I called today 3 seperate times and he said he sent it 3 seperate times and I have yet to receive it. I even sent him an email so he could respond directly back.

At this point I guess I need a tune from somewhere else for my mods (steeda 101mm intake). Who do you guys rec'd?

Svt-Rich

V
Established Member
Did you ever make it back out to the track? Curious to see if it was the tune that was the problem.

ArabianOak

Established Member
should have a new tune from steeda today. matt is sending it for free since I bought my intake from them a few weeks ago.

i finally got a modified tune from Monty at JMS but my throttle is still acting a little bit goofy.

gonna load the steeda tune and hit the track this weekend with ALL my tunes and figure this all out.

ArabianOak

Established Member
Loaded up the steeda tune and drove around all afternoon. HUGE difference with the steeda tune. IMO much better tune and I am almost certain my old JMS tune was the issue.

I spoke with Matt at Steeda and he assured me they have had many bosses dyno tested with this tune and steeda's 101mm intake, so i'm thinking that is the big difference.

I will attempt to get the car dyno'd this week before I hit the track, just to be sure everything is good to go...

Svt-Rich

V
Established Member
Loaded up the steeda tune and drove around all afternoon. HUGE difference with the steeda tune. IMO much better tune and I am almost certain my old JMS tune was the issue.

I spoke with Matt at Steeda and he assured me they have had many bosses dyno tested with this tune and steeda's 101mm intake, so i'm thinking that is the big difference.

I will attempt to get the car dyno'd this week before I hit the track, just to be sure everything is good to go...

Good to hear, hopefully that fixes your issue.

ArabianOak

Established Member
Got her dyno'd today....

car made 414RWHP and 354RWTQ. This steeda tune is spot on and the car had a very very steady 12.2 AF ratio all the way through....

let me know if you want me to post the dyno graph...

svt1111

Established Member
Got her dyno'd today....

car made 414RWHP and 354RWTQ. This steeda tune is spot on and the car had a very very steady 12.2 AF ratio all the way through....

let me know if you want me to post the dyno graph...

That's great HP through the stock exhaust.

I'd be curious if you dyno'd the JMS tune back to back with the Steeda?

Now get it to the track so you can see what really matters :beer:

ArabianOak

Established Member
BossDyno.jpg

svt1111

Established Member
Looks like nice average power.

When you going back to the track though?

Users who are viewing this thread