Track times ?

My Cobra

Gigidy Gigidy Gigidy
Established Member
I was wondering what kind of track times you guys have with your current set up. I have a stock motor with a precession upgraded and T56. Will be going to the 1/4 mile this summer.

What is your set up and times if you want to share?

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
My car was an Auto car. However it was built as a street car. Not really lightened aside from the K member, rear seat delete and removed A/C.

Low compression motor 8.2:1, stock heads/cams/Cobra intake. Hellion kit modded for Blow through with a Billet Wheel Precision 76mm, SRA.

Best time was a 9.77 @126 on pump gas (18#s) with a 1.44 60ft. MPH was low because I let out at the 1000ft because of a serious cross wind pushing the car. Judging by the 1/8th time it would have been a 9.5ish pass. The car on the same boost has gone low 140s leaving off the foot brake. The car made just under 600rwhp on 18#s.

I sold the car and never had a chance to make any more passes on the full boost tune (26-27psi). The new owner backed it up with running an almost identical time as me with zero changes.

What kind of power are you making? Your biggest hurdle is going to be getting the car off the line with the T56. One of the main reasons I went auto. Without a 2 step its going to be a chore to leave hard and get a good time.

Last edited:

My Cobra

Gigidy Gigidy Gigidy
Established Member
great times, I am debating on going auto. I know a lot of the guys on the turbo side go auto after a while. I am taking the car to get the final tune done soon. I have it on low boost (6 pounds) till i put about 500 miles on the clutch. I did not want to turn the boost up on a new clutch. so i am not sure on total power. Will make around 18 pounds of boost.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
great times, I am debating on going auto. I know a lot of the guys on the turbo side go auto after a while. I am taking the car to get the final tune done soon. I have it on low boost (6 pounds) till i put about 500 miles on the clutch. I did not want to turn the boost up on a new clutch. so i am not sure on total power. Will make around 18 pounds of boost.

On 18#s you should be in the 700rwhp range roughly. I would suggest changing out the wastegate spring however. I am assuming you are running a 6# spring in the gate now and plan to use a controller to get 18? If so just ditch that spring that is in there now for a 12-15# spring and use the controller from there.

fangs99

Established Member
My car when it had t-56 without a 2 step went 7.09 in 1/8th and 10.95 in 1/4 on a crappy 1.9 60ft.... Dyno'd 702rwhp on 15.5psi on pump/meth. I'm swapping to a auto now and looking to run 9.8's on the same tune.

Last edited:

itSSlow98

Established Member
I actually have Juices old th400 in my car now. Its getting dialed in on 16psi and meth and then a seperate e85 tune for whatever the frpp80s will take it to safely. I should have some track times in the next month.

I will say without a doubt the auto is where its at. I love driving the car now and the boost lag is almost completely gone in any gear from any mph its ready to go when you hit the pedal. If you gave me a brand new t56 magnum and rxt to put back in my car i wouldnt do it.

Users who are viewing this thread