Track testing the CJ setup and now AED tuned

01bluesnake

Established Member
First i would like to give a huge thanks to Shaun at AED. He has been awesome through the whole process of getting it tuned, can't say how great the car drives with the CJ mani and E85. He has awesome customer service and the tune has been flawless and feels amazing. I finally got a chance to get some runs in at the track with the CJ setup and i'm very pleased with the results so far. The DA for the runs was right at 2000 feet above sea level, and still working some things out on the car. The best run of the day was an [email protected] with a not so good 1.76 '60. With DA it corrects to an 11.3@123. I'm currently on 275/60r15 M/T radials (28") and with the 3.31 gearing, its working against the CJ combo. The car has so much gearing i can actually get through the traps at the end of third, although i go to 4th before and come out of the powerband to keep from revving too high. I need to get back on the two step which will definitely help leave consistent since that was another issue i was having at the line. M/T stiff side wall slicks are coming in next week, with a 3.90 gear. Both of those together should help traction and shifting RPM for the next outing. I would love to see a 10.9 on motor with stock headers, just need to work out some bugs with the car, but for now i'm happy. :beer:

I'll see if i can get some vids and pics up shortly.

Best pass info:

'60: 1.76
1/8: 7.516
mph: 96.14
1/4: 11.58
mph: 120.82

BV600

Established Member
Nice times, Id like to get this intake but that intake and a converter/gears Im looking over 2k lol

01bluesnake

Established Member
Thanks guys. All in all, the time and mph i was able to get out of it today looks very promising for sure. If FTW wasn't so expensive it would be a nice option, but will see how far i can get with E85. I would rather save the extra cash for a clutch which is becoming more of a needed item with the high RPM shifts. It definitely isn't a cheap setup, but no doubt it is the best n/a setup out there right now.

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
Thanks guys. All in all, the time and mph i was able to get out of it today looks very promising for sure. If FTW wasn't so expensive it would be a nice option, but will see how far i can get with E85. I would rather save the extra cash for a clutch which is becoming more of a needed item with the high RPM shifts. It definitely isn't a cheap setup, but no doubt it is the best n/a setup out there right now.

Yeah man it is pricey. I gotta get bigs and littles 1st. Then injectors CJ IM/Monoblade/supporting CAI and Stage 3 cams all at once :).

What are you shifting at ?

01bluesnake

Established Member
Bigs and little's is the most needed upgrade, more so stickies out back. With cams and headers these cars must be beast. I was trying to shift at 7300-7400 because anything over that and the clutch was acting up.

01bluesnake

Established Member
I can't wait to get them in either, shifting out of the powerband at the traps and bogging off the line has really annoyed me. I knew the 3.31's combined with a 28" radial would be a bad combo for today, but wanted to get a baseline of where its at currently to work off of.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Congrats drew! With some 3.90's and slicks that car is going to be a beast. Hopefully in the next 2 weekends ill be back out at the track also.

-Thomas

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
Pardon the Ricer bench racer logic. Based on your times.

From what I've seen guys that go to the stage 3 comp cams see a minimum of 40WHP. (with appropriate tune changes) N/A with Cams and FTW Purple 10.50's??

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
How's the driveability with that combo? Are you using the SJ single blade throttle body? ANY issues with hanging throttle between shifts or anything else that would be annoying.

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
How's the driveability with that combo? Are you using the SJ single blade throttle body? ANY issues with hanging throttle between shifts or anything else that would be annoying.

I think Shaun could dial in a Folgers can as a TB and make these cars drive great.

01bluesnake

Established Member
Congrats drew! With some 3.90's and slicks that car is going to be a beast. Hopefully in the next 2 weekends ill be back out at the track also.

-Thomas

Thanks! Nice, i'll keep a look out for some track results. Slicks and the 3.90 are going to be the wake up call the car needs for sure.

Pardon the Ricer bench racer logic. Based on your times.

From what I've seen guys that go to the stage 3 comp cams see a minimum of 40WHP. (with appropriate tune changes) N/A with Cams and FTW Purple 10.50's??

I'm not sure where i'm at power wise, one more thing i still need to do is get to the dyno. With another 50whp and great air, i think 10.6-7 is realistic although just guesses.

01bluesnake

Established Member

Car drives better than stock and yes, SCJ T body. I have got 0 issues at all, from cold start, to normal driving to WOT. Even with the E85, i notice no difference minus some mpg difference.

I think Shaun could dial in a Folgers can as a TB and make these cars drive great.

Hahaha possibly

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor

There is only 1 tuner out there that has problems with the SCJ Monoblade TB.

Users who are viewing this thread