Track School For GT 500 Customer

Cman01

hello
Established Member
I find it funny they say in the article Ford will foot the bill for the course.

AAAHHHMMM, no. The person buying the car already paid for the course in the purchase price.

I'm heading to Spring Mountain early next year to do the 2 day ZR1 course. I know Chevy didn't pay for it I did when I bought my car.

Tony

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I find it funny they say in the article Ford will foot the bill for the course.

AAAHHHMMM, no. The person buying the car already paid for the course in the purchase price.

I'm heading to Spring Mountain early next year to do the 2 day ZR1 course. I know Chevy didn't pay for it I did when I bought my car.

Tony

Not really... But hey, however you want to look at it.

Cman01

hello
Established Member
It's built into the price of the car there is no other way to look at it.

If the person that purchased a car can't do the course does Ford give them back part of the car costs?

I've heard my 2 day ZR1 course costs around $5k. You get 1 free night stay in a suite, breakfast/lunch provided.

Travel to and from there is on you just like the Ford course.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It's built into the price of the car there is no other way to look at it.

If the person that purchased a car can't do the course does Ford give them back part of the car costs?

I've heard my 2 day ZR1 course costs around $5k. You get 1 free night stay in a suite, breakfast/lunch provided.

Travel to and from there is on you just like the Ford course.

Please explain how it is allocated in to the cost of the car.

Cman01

hello
Established Member
Nothing is free. These courses aren't free somebody pays for them to be offered and it isn't Ford or Chevy.

U sell these Shelbys u should tell me who really pays for the performance courses to be offered.

If u bought one of these cars and a performance driving course is offered u should do it cause u paid for it and it's a great way to learn how to drive the car fast and properly.

txroundman

Established Member
I'm new here and have a GT-500 on order I've been to Ron Fellows Spring Mountain Driving School in NV. twice with Corvette purchases. Question is there a similar school for the GT-500 offered from Ford?? thanks for any information .

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
Track School? LOL

They would be better off giving a coarse on how to install and remove the car cover and give tips on where to park at your local car show...

99% of these $100k cars are going to sit in old men’s garages collecting dust.

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
Track School? LOL

They would be better off giving a coarse on how to install and remove the car cover and give tips on where to park at your local car show...

99% of these $100k cars are going to sit in old men’s garages collecting dust.

Sounds like you're a little salty.

TFStang

Established Member
Dealers often times don’t mention things like this and that’s why it’s important to go to a dealer that truly knows what they are selling.

I received a track day with the purchase of my Viper GTS-R, but the dealer I purchased the vehicle from never once mentioned it. I found out about it through the Viper club.

Anyone know if the manufacturer pays for the track day even if the consumer never goes? Is the package somehow tied to each unit produced, or is it for whoever actually takes advantage of the same? Also, when does it expire? I believe with the Viper it was 12 months from purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread