Track Results

01svtcobra

Established Member
I went to the track this Saturday @ highnoon, man was it hot!(Southwest Louisana) Temp was 98 and humidity around 90, Iam sure the heat index was well over 100....Enough already!!!

I put down a couple of 13.5x's a 13.46 and then........13.28 @ 105.8!!! My 60' time was 2.12 on that run. I know 13.28 isn't a mind binding # but with the heat & humidity and a poor 60' time I know the potential is there. The thing I was most happy with was the mph! Until this past track session my best was 103.7...I think that was due to shifting around 6200-6400, now Iam shifting around 6800 and the short throw shifter has reduced shift time. The only downer to this weekend is that my friend in his 2002 SS auto ran a best 13.22. Iam glad for him but the weekend before he only ran a 13.8x All he did was reprogram his shift points and raise his revlimiter and 100% shift firmness.... That is an impressive gain.

01svtcobra

Established Member
Since I had to ride through the water box I turned my tires over 2-3 times to make sure they were clean and dry. When I pull up to the line I get the rpms ONLY up to 1200 and when the 2nd amber light comes on I release the cluch fairly fast to make the car sit down and then start stepping on the gas. No, the car does not bog. It actually jumps and even with the cluch all the way out I still have to feather the gas so the tires don't break lose! When they are chirping/squilling then you are in good shape. Besides that I just shift @ 6800 and cross the traps in 3rd with the 3.73's just about to make me hit the rev limiter!

I really feel like I could squeak out a 12.9x if it where late fall on a cool night!:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread