Track Pack or not??

Fastfish420

Established Member
Ordered a 2014 last week and order SVTPP and Recaros.I plan on drag racing this thing alot,didnt think Track Pack was worth the extra money.

Does anybody that ordered without wish they would of ordered it if they could go back?

bluediamond

13 Shelby aka El Diablo
Established Member
Ordered a 2014 last week and order SVTPP and Recaros.I plan on drag racing this thing alot,didnt think Track Pack was worth the extra money.

Does anybody that ordered without wish they would of ordered it if they could go back?

Just FYI...multiple threads on this already, but like you, I will drag strip only, never
road race, and I made my final decision against the TP based on this very well written, highly technical article in 5.0.
I live in Florida, and was hoping that the TP would keep the temps down, thus
giving some components a longer life; however, as I understand it, the TP only activates at pre-determined temps and possibly will never activate during normal drag strip or street racing conditions, only under heavy track conditions etc.

2013 Shelby GT500 Chassis Development - Total Package - 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords Magazine

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
just fyi...multiple threads on this already, but like you, i will drag strip only, never
road race, and i made my final decision against the tp based on this very well written, highly technical article in 5.0.
I live in florida, and was hoping that the tp would keep the temps down, thus
giving some components a longer life; however, as i understand it, the tp only activates at pre-determined temps and possibly will never activate during normal drag strip or street racing conditions, only under heavy track conditions etc.

2013 shelby gt500 chassis development - total package - 5.0 mustang & super fords magazine

+1

DepWraith

Established Member
This tells ya what you get and the results for the most part:
urymehyd.jpg

ra6epeqa.jpg

Fastfish420

Established Member
Thanks for all the info guys! Im new to the Mustangs im a Chrysler guy lol.I can see the added weight alone of the TP system would be a negative for the drag strip.So it looks like im keeping my order as is.

Snoopy49

Established Member
I live in Florida, and was hoping that the TP would keep the temps down, thus giving some components a longer life; however, as I understand it, the TP only activates at pre-determined temps and possibly will never activate during normal drag strip or street racing conditions, only under heavy track conditions etc.

The transmission cooler is on-line all the time, no temperature control.
The engine oil cooler is temperature controlled, 170 degrees F.
The rear axle cooler is temperature controlled, 228 degrees F, this cooler may never be used except on a road course or on a very hot day.

If I lived in a place that got hot in the summer, I would invest in the TP.

chd2

Established Member
I opted for it, but live in TX and like to open track mine. In Ohio, it's a cooler summer most years(excluding last summer).

SVTKen

Established Member
I would think that on a hot summer day if you are hot lapping your car one run after another at the drag strip, the track pack would probably be useful. It may not be as much of a benefit at the drag strip, but it wouldn't hurt to have it, and the coolers don't add much weight. It is an expensive option though. If you don't road race/drag your car, the TP is a waste of money, and for most drag racers it's a waste of money too.

lethal

Established Member
I have a question about the track package, does it change the wheels you get? For some reason, I seem to recall a pdf saying the painted wheels were part of it.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I have a question about the track package, does it change the wheels you get? For some reason, I seem to recall a pdf saying the painted wheels were part of it.

No. The "performance package" is where you get the optional wheels.

jbs$

Established Member
Question, will the track pack be a good value add item when the car is resold in six to ten years?

SVTKen

Established Member
Question, will the track pack be a good value add item when the car is resold in six to ten years?

It wont hurt to have it, but the cost of the package will depreciate along with the cost of the car. It may make it easier to resell in the case where someone is looking for a car with the TP.

WOT1320

Established Member
I personally couldnt imagine owning one without hte Trackpac... and this is coming from a guy that could care less about corner carving.

When driving on the street, the TrackPac is what makes the car feel different from any other mustang in my opinion. Mit may be bouncy, it may be tight feeling... but I like that.

But dont get me wrong, if your intentiions are to rape the thing of stock parts as soon as you purchase it, getting the base model might be the way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread