Track night with the Raptor SCAB

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
I am installing the Roush Perf. Pkg level 1 next week and wanted to get a baseline to measure the difference. Weather here was 85+ degrees on the West Coast of Fl.

First two runs were in 2wd and last 3 were in 4A for the launch and then switch to 2H. Needless to say, I am pretty surprised at the results as I did not think the truck would get out of the 14's.

50507806662_6df8fafbd9_b.jpg

51536137027_8c1e6d46b6_b.jpg

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Very cool. Big difference on the 60’ in 2wd vs 4wd. What were you lined up against? You surprise any people you beating them in a almost full size truck? (Lame extended cab joke)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Very cool. Big difference on the 60’ in 2wd vs 4wd. What were you lined up against? You surprise any people you beating them in a almost full size truck? (Lame extended cab joke)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1st run was slight brake boost, second was waaay too much and blew off the tires. Switched to 4A and planted me back in the seat so I stuck with that. You can definitely feel something when you switch back to 2H from 4A in the run. The last two runs were against an ecoboost 18+ mustang and the driver was like ..... WTF?

olympic

Established Member
You probably shouldn't shift out of 4x4 while at WOT, it can't be good for the transfer case. I've gone 150+ mph in 4x4 with my '18 F150, no issues. Plenty of guys in the performance F150 facebook group run full 1/4 mile passes in 4x4 as well.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
You probably shouldn't shift out of 4x4 while at WOT, it can't be good for the transfer case. I've gone 150+ mph in 4x4 with my '18 F150, no issues. Plenty of guys in the performance F150 facebook group run full 1/4 mile passes in 4x4 as well.

It was 4A and seems as if a lot of people do it. I have seen boostedf150 on YT do it religiously in his 10sec truck.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
pretty impressive honestly.

I've seen the argument made switching out of 4x4 early picks up a little but no experience with it.

the rule of thirds definitely works with the scab, god that's a good looking truck

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
pretty impressive honestly.

I've seen the argument made switching out of 4x4 early picks up a little but no experience with it.

the rule of thirds definitely works with the scab, god that's a good looking truck

On all 3 runs in 4A, there was a noticeable surge when switching back to 2H after the launch. I really wanted to stay for a few more runs and manually shift the truck as i think there is a little more to pick up shifting a little earlier.

Thank you for the compliment on looks.

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I've often wondered about the shift-on-the-fly from 4 to 2 while at WOT. I recall my old 4-Runner. Even though you could drop it into 4-wheel while under a certain speed, it often liked to "clunk" when the transfer case and front diff engaged. Obviously technology has advanced and my current truck is whisper quiet and smooth about the transition, but the thought of doing it still gives me the heeby jeebies. lol I thought running 4-wheel on dry pavement was overall bad for it so blasting down the strip at 95mph feels wrong too.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I've often wondered about the shift-on-the-fly from 4 to 2 while at WOT. I recall my old 4-Runner. Even though you could drop it into 4-wheel while under a certain speed, it often liked to "clunk" when the transfer case and front diff engaged. Obviously technology has advanced and my current truck is whisper quiet and smooth about the transition, but the thought of doing it still gives me the heeby jeebies. lol I thought running 4-wheel on dry pavement was overall bad for it so blasting down the strip at 95mph feels wrong too.

disengaging 4wd is a lot different than trying to engage it while under load imho. 4wd on pavement is bad when trying to turn mostly (although on pavement I supposed the possibility of a slip/wheel hop/dead hook is far more possible and I'd have to imagine that ends badly)

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator

disengaging 4wd is a lot different than trying to engage it while under load imho. 4wd on pavement is bad when trying to turn mostly (although on pavement I supposed the possibility of a slip/wheel hop/dead hook is far more possible and I'd have to imagine that ends badly)

4A is also different than 4H and intelligent from my understanding and many drive in 4A daily.

"Provides electronic controlled four-wheel drive with power delivered to the front and rear wheels, as required, for increased traction. 4A tuning varies based on selected Drive Mode. 4A in Normal and Sport is appropriate for all on-road driving conditions, including, dry road surfaces. 4A in Snow/Wet is appropriate for slippery on-road conditions such as snow and ice covered roads.

4-wheel-drive Auto with high range gearing (1.00:1) Full-time all-wheel-drive capability,

Electronically adjusted torque split to front & rear wheels, Electronically variable center differential,

Front driveshaft & rear primary driveshaft allowed rotational speed difference,

4-wheel electronic traction control system is enabled

In 4A mode the center differential is electronically-controlled and rear drive wheel bias. The on-board computer monitors for any sign of rear drive wheel slip (loss of traction)

If loss of traction is detected, the center differential is told to send a share of the engines torque to the front drive wheels. It will not let the front driveshaft turn at the same speed as the rear driveshaft."

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
^Ahhhh that makes a lot of sense then. So does what DSG said about disengaging versus engaging. Either way, I usually let out of it by 60ish anyway and only disengage when my foot is off the go pedal.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Yea, you can drive in 4A. It only engages when slippage occurs. I think the hubs are always spinning in 4a.

Looks good. Miss my SCAB at times, but the space is nice with kids for a Screw.

Have you taken it offroad? I know tomorrow 21 or so guys are going to Ocala but I can't make it. Hunting season is soon so I do want to go there one more time.

Users who are viewing this thread