TR6060 is on backorder

SLO-SVT

Established Member
So after my car sat at the dealer 5-1/2 weeks (for a second time) I was told they were putting the bad transmission back in so I could drive it until the transmission becomes available. I was told it was a manufacturer issue but called Tremec and it was news to them. Just a heads up for those that plan to take their cars in for the normal grind/shifting problems. Has anyone else run into this?

Zemedici

Established Member
Not sure why your dealer told you that, just looked it up, the New TR-6060s are not on any sort of sales restriction, the National Depot shows 4 of them, if for some reason the depot ran out, they'd come vendor direct...

tr6060.JPG

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Well done!!

SLO-SVT, I'd go back to the dealer and politely ask again. If/when they give you the runaround, produce a copy of the above.

Zemedici

Established Member
Just to be clear that's the right part #, I had one of my coworkers look up a TR 6060 and got the same number, so its the correct part #.

What year is your car OP?

Last edited:

SLO-SVT

Established Member
Sorry guys I wasnt getting email notifications. The service manager told me it was a packaging issue and ford was waiting for a third party to deliver them. Sounds like bs to me but I do know that no other ford dealers show them in stock ( have friend thats a ford parts manager locally and he looked into it). I called customer service so should hear from area rep Monday. Thanks for the heads up on NPD... I might throw that out to the rep and see what she has to say about it.

Users who are viewing this thread