TPS sensor schizoed out on my Accufab

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
I made a pull in third gear today and I touched the limiter. Immediately afterward, the car started making a lot of noise, the wrench icon came up on the dash, and I started decelerating. My first thought was immediately the worst one. I fought to drive the car a little further so that I could park safely and killed it.

I turned on the key, didn't start it, and pulled OBD codes with Dash Command. It said "022 TPS low voltage B". I just bought a new to me Accufab, please don't tell me the TPS is going out already. :/

I started the car up, no wrench light on the dash, ran fine all the way home. I made a couple of WOT pulls, and no problem. I'm thinking that it was triggered by hitting the rev limiter, but I don't know. Is there something that needs to be reset on the TPS that I'm unaware of, or is this just a sign that it's dying?

Last edited:

prn1972

Established Member
Sounds like the car went into limp mode. Did you revise your tune for this new throttle body? I had an L&M TB that my tuner could never get the voltage right for it. It would do the same thing. Car would act funny, then go dead, then wouldn't crank, try it again & it would crank up & be fine. This is limp mode. Something isn't right.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
Shaun@AED is my tuner, and he told me that I shouldn't need a tune revision with the Accufab. I'll email him about what happened and see what he thinks. The car has been running great with the new TB up to this point. I've driven it quite a bit, but today was the first time I had an issue.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
Ported Boss IM and Airaid CAI. Will do. I haven't even emailed Shaun yet. I will sometime today.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
Shaun told me that he's seen it from time to time with all aftermarket throttle bodies, including the Accufab. He said I need to exchange it if it persists. It's not a tune issue, it's a hardware issue.

I called Accufab and they said they would test it for free, and if the TPS needed to be replaced, they would only charge for that. I'm going to see if it happens again, and if it does, I'll box it up and send it off.

prn1972

Established Member
Shaun told me that he's seen it from time to time with all aftermarket throttle bodies, including the Accufab. He said I need to exchange it if it persists. It's not a tune issue, it's a hardware issue.

I called Accufab and they said they would test it for free, and if the TPS needed to be replaced, they would only charge for that. I'm going to see if it happens again, and if it does, I'll box it up and send it off.
I have seen this with the Super Cobra Jet throttle body made by Accufab....my tuner tuned mine fine, then my buddy with he same setup would not act right, he bought a new one & all was good

Users who are viewing this thread