TPS question

Stalker27

Established Member
Alright so I decided to port my TB cause the gf bought a dremel. Took it out last night and even though it ran what seemed to be fine under throttle & wot the problem was when I would get out of the gas the car would somewhat lurch a couple times and tried to stumble. Came home and checked the TPS with the predator and it read 1.5 - 1.6volts. I tried bringing it down but lowest I could get it was 1.4

So I took it off and tried to hollow out the holes some more for more room to adjust. Still didn't work so I guess I didn't open it up enough. Took it off and opened it up more. Put it back on and with my hand still on it I reached behind me for the bolt (like a dumbass) and put too much weight on it and then I heard a loud pop. So now it doesn't read and when u shake it u can deff hear stuff bouncing around inside and when you put it on it will spin & spin without moving the throttle body blades like before. So I called Ford and they said $77

My question is: What years of mustangs will interchange with ours? I really don't want to drop $77 on a new one when I could possibly get one from the junkyard

Users who are viewing this thread