TPS Motorsports: CAV GT40 Walkaround & Idle Vid

MR. STALLION

Established Member
Browse Album :: John's 66 CAV GT40

Every so often we get a rare exotic in the shop for some work. Aside from the usual Corvettes, Mustangs, Camaro's, Challenger's, & Nismo cars.

We recently finished up some work on a 427ci GT40.....i snapped a quick vid and thought u guys might enjoy.

[youtube_browser]snuaR2rc5VM[/youtube_browser]

22.jpg

Here is a quick size reference.
You can see the size difference between this and a foxbody.
http://www.tpsmotorsports.com/gallery/var/resizes/Exotics/John's-66-CAV-GT40/IMG_0067.jpg

Oh, and in case you didnt catch the TT Saleen S7 we did a few months back.
[youtube_browser]Bm86OTqwt-8[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

starnsey

Established Member
That is freaking SWEET. Looks tiny. Anyone got a side by side comparison next to a new Ford GT?

wawrecker

Established Member
I bought this CAV last January on BAT. Still in great condition, prior owners hardly drove it. Not really surprising with 550 to the tires in 2200lbs, bat shit crazy to drive. If anyone knows any history on the car I'd love to hear it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice, congratulations! It does sound great, but I was hoping for a short actual-drive vid.

_Snake_

Established Member
I bought this CAV last January on BAT. Still in great condition, prior owners hardly drove it. Not really surprising with 550 to the tires in 2200lbs, bat shit crazy to drive. If anyone knows any history on the car I'd love to hear it.

The GT40 is my favorite car, period. However, I’d far prefer to have this over an original so I could enjoy actually driving it. You bought a perfect example. As mentioned, stunning!

Speaking of favorites, mine from the video:
1. Flip flops (I’m in FL)
2. The cars in the background. All of them. Holy shit. More info please. Maybe skip the Prius if that’s what that was. Definitely skip the Prius.

wawrecker

Established Member
I'll start a new thread with some fresh video in a few weeks. That video was created by the sellers step son. The seller is 72 and to say his wife was ecstatic the car was going down the road is an under statement.

Anyways, I've been hanging around SVT since the great 2013 GT500 release with not much to share till now.

Users who are viewing this thread