Toyota ADM

TaraFirma

Established Member
F38A9A7C-AA96-4017-9EC8-614A8AE2E616.jpeg
Local Toyota Stealership has a launch edition Supra.
And they lost their minds over it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Some fool will bite and pay the ADM.

I agree, Jeff. That's sticker price is ludicrous. Hmmm. C8 Vette or Supra? LOL!

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Some fool will bite and pay the ADM.

I agree, Jeff. That's sticker price is ludicrous. Hmmm. C8 Vette or Supra? LOL!

Absolutely. Car is worth what someone is willing to pay. A lot of people with good money out there. Extra 25k never hurt nobody.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
They probably think these things will be worth a ton of money in 20 years like the MK4 Supras were so they think they'll get people to pay top dollar now. Somehow I really, really doubt it as they share a drivetrain and some running gear with a Z4.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
They probably think these things will be worth a ton of money in 20 years like the MK4 Supras were so they think they'll get people to pay top dollar now. Somehow I really, really doubt it as they share a drivetrain and some running gear with a Z4.
The entire car is built by BMW with BMW suppliers. About the only thing that is Toyota on that car is the fact that Toyota engineers designed how it looks: the sheet metal, interior colors... Its a joke of a car to carry the name Supra. And its got less power than the Z4 to boot!!!

Supra dealers had to send technicians to Germany for BMW training to be able to service and repair the car.

This car will be a flop. All because they didnt want to take the Lexus RC platform and massage it. Toyota is getting lazy, but their quality is so good they can get away with it. Well, at least Toyota designed and built vehicles. This Beemer Supra may not have the luxury of that quality pedigree.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
A lot of dealers have an ADM on these, they continue to sit on the lots. Ive seen some as high as 100 grand.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Out here at least one has an auto for mid 55's while the standard is currently in a holding pattern as people are making their best offer until next week. Another popped up in the FB marketplace for 69 ish.

Voltwings

Established Member
The fact that the Supra seems to be very well reviewed, often placing above the BMW M2 / Z4 ..., by many independent reviews probably isn't helping. Probably depends who you ask, but every review I have seen has said it is by far and away better than the Z4 from a driving and dynamics standpoint.

blk02edge

Established Member
Ive met a lot of people who actually like it. Saw one on the road in yellow and have to admit I didnt hate it. Obviously the C8>supra but I hiiiighly doubt itll be a flop. Average joe doesnt give a shit if its made by BMW.

Voltwings

Established Member
Ive met a lot of people who actually like it. Saw one on the road in yellow and have to admit I didnt hate it. Obviously the C8>supra but I hiiiighly doubt itll be a flop. Average joe doesnt give a shit if its made by BMW.

Average Joe probably looks at Toyota's current line up and thinks BMW builds a better sports car anyways...

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
The fact that the Supra seems to be very well reviewed, often placing above the BMW M2 / Z4 ..., by many independent reviews probably isn't helping. Probably depends who you ask, but every review I have seen has said it is by far and away better than the Z4 from a driving and dynamics standpoint.
Either way, BMW still wins because its their ...well... everything.

BladeX10

Established Member
Its not even a bad car, Its just a very piss poor attempt to cash in on the Supra name the MKIV built over the last 20 years. If this was a new generation FRS/BRZ/86 with a ~$35k MSRP, It wouldve been an absolute home run. This car is a joke for $50k and its even more hilarious they are tagging on mark ups

Users who are viewing this thread