Toyo R1A

winnenascar3

Established Member
I'm thinking of buying these. I want a tire that acts like a drag radial but doesn't wear like one. If ya have um let me know how they are.

99 KOBRA

Speed Racer
Established Member
RA-1's are for road racing. Therefore, they have stiff sidewalls. You don't want rear tires for drag racing with stiff sidewalls, do you?

BIGV

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!
Established Member
My buddy has these he switched from BFG DR's and says they don't stick as well as the BFG but they handle much better. They grip a lot better then street tires. The stiffer side wall gives you better cornering and the stickier rubber better traction. They should get more mileage than a DR so this is as close as you are going to get with what you are looking for IMO.

99 KOBRA

Speed Racer
Established Member
You'll be lucky to get 5,000 miles out of a set of RA-1s. They are DOT approved racing tires with a soft compound like drag radials have.

wheelhopper

Established Member
Just get a performance street tire w/ a low treadwear rating. Usually the rubber is softer so they stick a little better, they just don't last as long. The Goodyear F1's have a rating of 360, while the Nitto DR are rated at 200. I would look for something around 250-275 for what you are describing.

Users who are viewing this thread