Toyo Proxes R888: best rear tire I've ever used(STUCK!)

shb5007

Established Member
I know these tires are far from ideal on the drag strip...

But I will be running True Street at MIR for the NMRA race this weekend...and I only get 1 test run.

Any idea of a front and rear tire pressure to "hope" and "go" with?

Thanks

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
I'm running R888 in the front too right now. Kinda overkill but the difference in corning grip and braking over the T1R is noticeable. For an all around street car I think it's nice to have.

mr. b_98GT

Established Member
Thanks to this thread, I just ordered a set of Toyo Proxes R888 305/35/18's. Should be here by next Wednesday. I have SSR GT-03's on my car right now with Nitto NT555R Drag Radials, and they are gone. Can't freakin' wait to try them out. I got the fenders rolled a few days ago because I was cutting into one of the tires, and I don't want to do that to brand new ones.

nsileno

Established Member
I may give them a try thanks to your suggestion. I had mt et street n car is not garaged. They dry rotted really bad. Willl not repurchase

SVTJPENA92

BLKSN8K
Established Member
Thanks to this thread, I just ordered a set of Toyo Proxes R888 305/35/18's. Should be here by next Wednesday. I have SSR GT-03's on my car right now with Nitto NT555R Drag Radials, and they are gone. Can't freakin' wait to try them out. I got the fenders rolled a few days ago because I was cutting into one of the tires, and I don't want to do that to brand new ones.

How did you like your Toyo R888's. I'm in the process of getting tires. I don't think i want to try NT05R's again. I heard many good things about Toyo's. How is your expierience so far?

NHNotch

Negative Ghost Rider
Established Member
I know this is an old thread just wanted to give a realist comparison pictures; before this my car had 305 35 18, which I liked. Needless to say my alignment was off, I burned through those tires, and now I have 315 30 18. Here a pic to compare.... I am taking my last iso out of the rear today.

Last edited:

NHNotch

Negative Ghost Rider
Established Member
Well that's to bad. This site will not a loud me to up load pics for some reason.... interesting I've done it before?

InvisibleBlade

Highway to Hell
Established Member
Well that's to bad. This site will not a loud me to up load pics for some reason.... interesting I've done it before?

Have you uploaded the pictures to an image hosting site?

As a side note, I've had my R888's in my closet for a year, I think I need to put them on!

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm looking at new wheels&stripes, looking at TF and R888s. Do you still have IRS? Did u have to roll your fenders with the 18x11s? Any rubbing issues?

I'm getting rubbing on passenger side. It seems hit or miss and I'm wondering if it's mostly happening in 1st gear. Fenders need to be rolled some. Still running irs.

allgo90

Established Member
i am going to mount some 305 35 18 on a set of 10.5 AFS reps. Will i need spacers or any mods to fit them on my car with stock suspension and stock ride height?

Stage 4.6

Established Member
You shouldn't have any issues especially with stock ride height. I just got my R888 305-35-18s installed this weekend on some CCW 18x11s, my car has H&R springs, no rolled fenders and so far no issues. Cant post pics i guess two big?

allgo90

Established Member
Are you running a spacer? i already installed the MM irs bolts and i dont mind running a spacer but i really dont want to roll my fenders.

Stage 4.6

Established Member
Are you running a spacer? i already installed the MM irs bolts and i dont mind running a spacer but i really dont want to roll my fenders.

No I don't have a spacer installed but I have thought about putting them on to make the wheel stick out just a bit, I also have the MM IRS bolts just haven't installed them, will probably do that this weekend. Here's a pic you can see my fenders are not rolled yet? I plan on rolling them, on my next set of tires I might go to a 335?

20150928_165224 (Medium).jpg

Noreast

Established Member

Stock height you shouldnt have any issues rubbing. My afs wheels hit the IRS subframe without a spacer. Im Running an LFP 3/8'' spacer.

MG0h3

Established Member
Gee whiz. I sortof skimmed through some of the 23 pages.

Everyone still voting for these over the MT ET Street II?

Been running 295 NTO5s and to say Im not impressed is generous. Im working on picking up some new rims so Ill have 11s out back. Also about to add long tubes and E85 and shoot for around 700RWHP. Im not terribly worried about cornering but Im tired of spinning at any speed or RPM in 2nd gear.

I just bought a beater so I dont even take the cobra in the rain; didnt really anyways with the Nittos

Users who are viewing this thread