Toxic Masculinity

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I could personally give a shit if his kid wanted to wear nail polish, or sport purses and shit. He's gay and knows it at a very young age. Honestly, thats fine.

But the response by dad should have been: "Son, you can do what you want, but you have to understand there are consequences for everything you do. Positive and negative consequences, but consequences none the less. Some people will not care, some will care enough to get in your face about it. You'll have to learn how to deal with those people that decide get in your face. "

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
I could personally give a shit if his kid wanted to wear nail polish, or sport purses and shit. He's gay and knows it at a very young age. Honestly, thats fine.

But the response by dad should have been: "Son, you can do what you want, but you have to understand there are consequences for everything you do. Positive and negative consequences, but consequences none the less. Some people will not care, some will care enough to get in your face about it. You'll have to learn how to deal with those people that decide get in your face. "

Probably easier to just smack the gay out of him.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Not really sure what the point of this thread is. I get painting your nails isn't masculine. I get it's not exactly accepted in society for males to paint them (outside of black if you're an emo bruh). But realistically, it's a dad supporting his son for being who he is. No doubt the kid learned (or should) that being who you are doesn't always result in acceptance. No one has an obligation to accept your love of wieners, painting your nails, or watching anime. If they don't like it, they roll deep and leave you be (or should).

But in this case, the kid gets bullied. Dad steps up and supports him. I see it the same way as a dad supporting his child that's gone bald from cancer. Kids are mean, and even if it's due to chemo, you know good and well kids poke fun at other kids for being balled. So dad's in the situation rise to the occasion, shave their head, and prove it doesn't mean a flying fook what you look like as long as you love yourself.

With that said, I wouldn't paint my nails if my son was into it. I'd say "Paint em whatever you want boy. Just don't get mad if you get made fun of people less tolerant than me".

blk02edge

Established Member
Not really sure what the point of this thread is. I get painting your nails isn't masculine. I get it's not exactly accepted in society for males to paint them (outside of black if you're an emo bruh). But realistically, it's a dad supporting his son for being who he is. No doubt the kid learned (or should) that being who you are doesn't always result in acceptance. No one has an obligation to accept your love of wieners, painting your nails, or watching anime. If they don't like it, they roll deep and leave you be (or should).

But in this case, the kid gets bullied. Dad steps up and supports him. I see it the same way as a dad supporting his child that's gone bald from cancer. Kids are mean, and even if it's due to chemo, you know good and well kids poke fun at other kids for being balled. So dad's in the situation rise to the occasion, shave their head, and prove it doesn't mean a flying fook what you look like as long as you love yourself.

With that said, I wouldn't paint my nails if my son was into it. I'd say "Paint em whatever you want boy. Just don't get mad if you get made fun of people less tolerant than me".
He's teaching weakness to his kid in a world that is mean. It's not going to help in the long run. Sure being gay is fine but at 5 years old it should not be encouranged

Coiled03

Established Member
Takes a lot bigger nuts to be who you are in a world that may not like it, than to conform and just be invisible.

Go ahead, be who you are. Just don't expect everyone to like, or approve of it. You aren't entitled to that, whereas, people are entitled to their opinions and feelings.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Go ahead, be who you are. Just don't expect everyone to like, or approve of it. You aren't entitled to that, whereas, people are entitled to their opinions and feelings.

Never said that homie.

I said it takes bigger nuts to be who you are in a world that won't always accept it. Conforming to be invisible is a cowardly way to live.

Coiled03

Established Member
Never said that homie.

I said it takes bigger nuts to be who you are in a world that won't always accept it. Conforming to be invisible is a cowardly way to live.

Call it whatever you want. If being who you are gets your ass kicked on the regular, conforming may be a better option.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Never said that homie.

I hear you...but seriously...this kid is 5-6 years old. Please don’t tell me you think at that age he knows he is gay. All I knew at age 5 was I liked cars and wanted a Schwinn 5-speed with a banana seat.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
I hear you...but seriously...this kid is 5-6 years old. Please don’t tell me you think at that age he knows he is gay. All I knew at age 5 was I liked cars and wanted a Schwinn 5-speed with a banana seat.

Oh I agree. I don't really think a kids capacity to understand choosing anything is nearly developed enough for that sort of question. All things considered, until they go through puberty, sexuality is a moot point. They're sexual preferences aren't develop at all yet

Zemedici

Established Member

hey maybe he wants the banana seat for different reasons.

Never know.

You always hear the stories about gay guys saying 'I knew when I was 4/5/6 something was different with me'

Its one of those 'I don't know, cuz I'm not gay' situations.

blk02edge

Established Member
Never said that homie.

I cant argue that it takes nuts to do that but the kid needs to learn to accept the bullying and tough it out/fight back rather than turn to social media to try and normalize being a 5 year old tranny, its just wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread