Towing review for new EV Lightning (vid)

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
But, but....fuel costs!!!!!!! Ahhhhhh!!!!!
Can't point out flaws without someone telling you it's "the future". What's the purpose of having a truck? The real one. Isn't it supposed to be able to haul and/or tow things? I realize most people who own trucks have never once used it for anything other than "this will make me look cool", but damn. I'm sure whoever spends the 150k on one will love to go "camping" in it. You know, sleep in a temp controlled setting while "roughing it" hahahahahahaha. Or, maybe go park near the local pickle park and pick up some "work helpers".....or was that picking up dudes for some fun in the woods Deliverance style?
Maybe they should have kept the electric for cars, but then the old mall crawler crowd would get jealous.
Ford has really ****ed up the names of a few vehicles now. Mach E, Lightning, and since when is a Maverick a want to be truck?
I guess we can wait for someone on here to get one.....

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Ford has really ****ed up the names of a few vehicles now. Mach E, Lightning, and since when is a Maverick a want to be truck?
I agree 100% on that. Ford Executives are really dumb for approving those names. Then again, maybe I'm just out of touch with what the younger generation wants. I mean you can revv your engine from your key-fob now. I'm sure some kid thinks that's cool LMAO!!!

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
I agree 100% on that. Ford Executives are really dumb for approving those names. Then again, maybe I'm just out of touch with what the younger generation wants. I mean you can revv your engine from your key-fob now. I'm sure some kid thinks that's cool LMAO!!!
I think it's a combination of a lot of things. People in places of "influence" that don't fully understand the history of those names and why we take it so personally. That's a little on us too for being older and grumpier, but really Ford? You cater to who pays the bills. Average Joe and boring cars pay the bills :(
We are statistical anomalies at this point.
Or maybe it's those of us that see past the mess of glue stick and glitter on those shit bombs. Kind of like saying electric cars are so much greener, without being able to answer how it's greener when coal is burned to produce that electricity. Hell, just take a drive around I-270 in Columbus and it's overly apparent that these people can't see past the hand in front of their face. Maybe I'm wired differently, I don't know. I do know that if you are being aware that would include more than the car directly in front of you. Have to check innfront of them, beside them, beside the car beside them, etc. to see the whole picture.
Or maybe I'm just tired and hurting today. Damn cold weather.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member

I dont think most of the younger generation would even know of the original Lightnings and Mavericks

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
EVs will improve but this is a damming video to say the least. Stupid EVs.
That may be true, but it's going to be many years before these E-trucks improve to the point of satisfactory distance when towing? IMO, these EVs for the most part are being rushed to production to satisfy the Greenies before the range limitation were/are adequately and properly figured out.

The Lightning IMO is a joke. A bad joke. Ford touted how it can power a house when power is lost. And the people gasped and cried, "wow, how awesome"! But......it sucks when put to the task of actually doing what it is supposed to be able to do, towing a trailer or carrying a heavy load in the truck bed, range wise.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
That may be true, but it's going to be many years before these E-trucks improve to the point of satisfactory distance when towing? IMO, these EVs for the most part are being rushed to production to satisfy the Greenies before the range limitation were/are adequately and properly figured out.

The Lightning IMO is a joke. A bad joke. Ford touted how it can power a house when power is lost. And the people gasped and cried, "wow, how awesome"! But......it sucks when put to the task of actually doing what it is supposed to be able to do, towing a trailer or carrying a heavy load in the truck bed, range wise.

Right.. because everyone needs their truck to power their house. lol, oh the absurdity.

Ford = fail.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member

Wholeheartedly agree.

blk02edge

Established Member
The resident potatoe farmer told me this thing would drag my Cummins around for 100 miles though... this must be fake news

efurlong

Established Member
For what it's worth: I just filled up my 2020 F150 2.7 ecoboost with a 36 gallon tank at lunchtime today. I pulled into the (self service) gas station at 12:46 PM - I left the gas station at 12:49 PM...a 3 minute fill up. I pumped 19 gallons. I can now drive my truck from Pembroke, Massachusetts (where I am at today)...to North Carolina. Around 700 miles, with plenty of fuel to spare. I'll fill it up again in North Carolina (in 3 - 5 minuets pump time) and be on my way to FL, another 500 miles. My F150 pollutes less than any EV. It's probably lighter than most EV's, and is very recyclable as well. All in all - I believe my F150 is gentler to the environment than any EV.

Last edited:

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
But guys, Solid State Batteries! Lol!

Yeah, we are working on that tech and so far it is worse than our Lithium Ion. Working with Lithium Ion, I would never buy an EV. At least not with the tech we currently have.

But hey, I’m just a calibrated monkey.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
How's Ford going to answer for this if the Silverado EV comes out and it ends up managing to actually get a decent amount of range while towing? I can't believe they would even release the truck without remedying this issue with towing.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Right.. because everyone needs their truck to power their house. lol, oh the absurdity.

Ford = fail.
Yep. I do find it amazing that so many people bought into that "you can power your whole house with the Lightning" nonsense and now Ford looks like a complete fool. Can't make this stuff up! Oh, wait, they DID.

Users who are viewing this thread