Touch up paint...

20-COBRA-03

Banned
I have a fairly large chip in my paint that went wayy through the clear coat, and even the primer, half the diameter of a pencils eraser. While I was in Napa, i spotted some touchup paint in a tube with a roll on tip. I got it and now im wondering if i can/should even use it. Our cobra is Ox. White, and so was our truck and i remembered that the paint code on the truck was Y0... so i thought the same for the car... but I just checked and our cars exterior color is coded Z1. The tube says Ford... Oxford White... 9L,A9,Y0,YZ for color codes. Can i use this or am i going to be laying on a slightly different shade? Thanks in advance,
Bob.

n0xlf

Established Member
Good luck trying to match the oxford white...I think I ended up using something like Chevy bright white, which was closer than any of the variations of ours...

If you can actually find one for Z1, let me know...Dupicolor, who I think also makes Ford's touch up paint, does not list Z1 on their web site (http://www.duplicolor.com)...

Ford sold me something that they insisted matched Z1 (although it didn't say it on the bottle), and it didn't match...

20-COBRA-03

Banned
Hey man, i love your paint... :bowdown:
lol. i'll PM you if i do find a Z1 code. Thanks for the response! Anybody else have some input?

SVT04

Established Member
When I bought my 04 OW Cobra the salesman had the body shop mix me up a little bottle of touch up paint. They must have the right formula as I have used it and it is perfect. :burnout:

n0xlf

Established Member
If Ford orders it, you will get the bottle that is for oxford white, but not Z1... I've been through that already...

Going to the body shop (or a body shop) is a very good idea...That way they can mix it specific to Z1...

Users who are viewing this thread