Tossing the idea of a new motor build

jk_aktion

Established Member
Hey SVTP, now that the car is on the road and everything is dialed in. I've been tossing the idea of a higher compression build. Tell me what you think, any info and opinions appreciated.

11.1:1 standard stroke/bore
2005+ 3v aluminum block
2005+ 9thread 4v heads
TVS GT500 TB/plenum 3"/4# combo
E85 return
ID1300's
Killer Chiller

My 3 main questions I have is spark blowout an issue? If so, should I ditch the COP? Will the 2005 aluminum block need to be notched for the Cobra crank? And what pistons would you recommend? I'll be reusing my crank and rods, and will get it all rebalanced.

Also unsure of head work or if I'll really need any.

Most likely I'll go with a custom grind for cams would be best.

NastyNate420

Established Member
I just built my motor it about 10.7:1 with off the shelf CP flattops from modmax. They were the beefiest I could find for off the shelf pistons. and should do well get I finally get the twin turbos on there. I plan on going with a stand alone system and using LS coils IMG_20160202_155830.jpgIMG_20160202_155840.jpg

Last edited:

jk_aktion

Established Member
I just built my motor it about 10.7:1 with off the shelf CP flattops from modmax. They were the beefiest I could find for off the shelf pistons. and should do well get I finally get the twin turbos on there. I plan on going with a stand alone system and using LS coils

Nice, I was on the prowl for info about a stand alone setup, but didn't get far. Will this interfere with any other components? Really don't want to delete a bunch of stuff. I have came across a thread of a guy that was working on ls2 coils to work with factory ECU and components. I'll have to dig that up again. But here's the bracket/setup I'd like to use if it came down to it.
image_zpsdtpb3vbd.jpg

jk_aktion

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread