Torque Tank M4

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I assure you its no gimmick. Sled workouts are different than stairs, etc. And a wheeled sled is as consistent as you can get. All I can say is try one a few times. You'll see.

kaz109

Established Member
I swear by these. I don’t have the M4 but I use the M1 to train my basketball team.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
The latest and greatest exercise equipment that you never knew you needed!

Jacking Off Charles Barkley GIF by NBA on TNT

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
The new GT500 is gimmicky because I can buy a Fox for less and make it faster.

EDIT: 50% of working out is making sure you stay interested and motivated.

its not just because it is expensive. Its because I believe you can attain very similar results in a much more simplistic way… but i hear you dawg… Not trying to shit on Tob’s fitness expedition.

God speed!

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
No doubt you will bust a sweat with it, but so will running up a flight of stairs with a couple jugs of milk.

If you wanna get a workout / improve cardiovascular endurance without having to spend Barrett .50 cal money, Id say calisthenics is a good start…

Running up stairs will do nothing other than cardio.

The sled is for a completely different aspect. Running up stairs doesn’t help with balance, sled does.

Also the deeper squat while pulling backwards increases flexibility and range of motion. It also helps with “ explosive power “

CompOrange04GT

Established Member
Just because somethings 'expensive' or you can do it with something else...doesn't mean it's gimmicky.

The new GT500 is gimmicky because I can buy a Fox for less and make it faster.

EDIT: 50% of working out is making sure you stay interested and motivated.

And 90% Is diet

Shit diet means shit workout

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member

The sled is for a completely different aspect. Running up stairs doesn’t help with balance, sled does.

Also the deeper squat while pulling backwards increases flexibility and range of motion. It also helps with “ explosive power “

Not that I need much help in the explosive power department, but I could definitely see myself shitting all over myself with this exercise.

csc427

Established Member
its not just because it is expensive. Its because I believe you can attain very similar results in a much more simplistic way… but i hear you dawg… Not trying to shit on Tob’s fitness expedition.

God speed!
I could also curl cinderblocks and do “prison” style workouts at home for very little expense. Lol. But instead, I have a very nice gym full of nice weights and machines at home. If you have the area to use this machine, I think it’s awesome and would be incredibly hard to replicate at home. Carrying jugs of milk up 10 or 12 steps at home over and over would get boring as hell and quite impractical. Also, minimal resistance compared to this machine.

CompOrange04GT

Established Member
I could also curl cinderblocks and do “prison” style workouts at home for very little expense. Lol. But instead, I have a very nice gym full of nice weights and machines at home. If you have the area to use this machine, I think it’s awesome and would be incredibly hard to replicate at home. Carrying jugs of milk up 10 or 12 steps at home over and over would get boring as hell and quite impractical. Also, minimal resistance compared to this machine.

Resistance training is legit 90% of what I do.

Has worked wonders for me. Went from 19% bodyfat to 9% this year with it

csc427

Established Member
Resistance training is legit 90% of what I do.

Has worked wonders for me. Went from 19% bodyfat to 9% this year with it
No crap. This machine would beat the hell
out of you. And I like the fact that you’re not dragging something over your driveway or destroying your lawn. I seriously want one of these now. Pushing/pulling this machine until fatigue would absolutely destroy your core.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
And 90% Is diet

Shit diet means shit workout

no bud, shit diet does not necessarily mean “shit workout”…. you can eat shitty food and still manage to be an absolute ****ing unit while working out….

shit diet means much rougher time getting lean (getting lean is dependent on diet/calorie intake and genetics)….

CompOrange04GT

Established Member
no bud, shit diet does not necessarily mean “shit workout”…. you can eat shitty food and still manage to be an absolute ****ing unit while working out….

shit diet means much rougher time getting lean (getting lean is dependent on diet/calorie intake and genetics)….

I’d venture to say.. ( 100% assumption)

Someone eat pop tarts for breakfast. Snacking on Swiss cake rolls, fast food for lunch, drinking Diet Coke to make it through the day, then eating a digiorno for dinner …….

…. Isn’t a monster in the gym. Maybe the one out of a million… but come on now lol

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

You guys knock yourselves out buying shake weights, etc…. My point remains on not having to spend ludicrous cash on equipment to get fit, unless you just wanna spend money (which there is nothing wrong with)…. Do your thing!

CompOrange04GT

Established Member
You guys knock yourselves out buying shake weights, etc…. My point remains on not having to spend ludicrous cash on equipment to get fit, unless you just wanna spend money (which there is nothing wrong with)…. Do your thing!

I got a free bowflex blaze last week. I’m happy. Lol.

It’ll work great for my home gym.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I’d venture to say.. ( 100% assumption)

Someone eat pop tarts for breakfast. Snacking on Swiss cake rolls, fast food for lunch, drinking Diet Coke to make it through the day, then eating a digiorno for dinner …….

…. Isn’t a monster in the gym. Maybe the one out of a million… but come on now lol

its not assumption…. You said shit diet = shit workout and that is just not true… that IS an assumption…. Look at strongmen… most of them have a shit diet (by definition)… they eat whatever the **** they want and still crush their workouts…. Being lean is not their priority…. Shit diet only affects your aesthetics….

Of course if you only eat pop tarts and diet coke and have never been to a gym in your life, you arent going to kill no workout… LOL.

But have Thor eat Mc Ds for a month, go work out with him…. Good luck keeping up! Lol

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I got a free bowflex blaze last week. I’m happy. Lol.

It’ll work great for my home gym.
hey man, thats alright… like i said, whatever works!

i’ll rock some bunny ears and a tu tu if that got me some gains… lol

CompOrange04GT

Established Member
its not assumption…. You said shit diet = shit workout and that is just not true… that IS an assumption…. Look at strongmen… most of them have a shit diet (by definition)… they eat whatever the **** they want and still crush their workouts…. Being lean is not their priority…. Shit diet only affects your aesthetics….

Of course if you only eat pop tarts and diet coke and have never been to a gym in your life, you arent going to kill no workout… LOL.

But have Thor eat Mc Ds for a month, go work out with him…. Good luck keeping up! Lol

Thor is that “ one in a hundred million “ with Insane genetics.

Brian Shaw has an incredible diet.. but again genetics.

I don’t think we can count strongmen.. how many of us are 6’4” or taller and have those genetics.

I mean hell… we could all say Larry Wheels could have a shit diet and do the same ( but take out the gear….. and maybe not lol )

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Thor is that “ one in a hundred million “ with Insane genetics.

Brian Shaw has an incredible diet.. but again genetics.

I don’t think we can count strongmen.. how many of us are 6’4” or taller and have those genetics.

I mean hell… we could all say Larry Wheels could have a shit diet and do the same ( but take out the gear….. and maybe not lol )

I have had periods in time where I eat like shit (fast food, processed, sugars, etc.) and I kill the gym…. And periods where I eat clean, organic, high protein, high fat, clean natural carbs and shit workouts….

diet does not necessarily equate to output at the gym….

Id say that output is more dependent on your hormone levels and pre-workout formula… LOL

csc427

Established Member
So you are discrediting sled workouts all together? This is a very nice sled workout. Regardless of the price.
What is expensive to you may not be to someone else. My boss just purchased $80k in patio furniture. He will probably replace it in 2-3 summers. Now he could’ve went to big lots furniture and got patio furniture for a grand. Would’ve served the same purpose. Sit on it, eat on it. You think he will ever think about that $80k again? Nope.
Wouldn’t bother me one second to spend the money if I’m gonna use it.

Users who are viewing this thread