Tork Tech Terminator Install

cuda99

Cuda99
Established Member
Quality

I'd just like to put it out there to anyone considering the swap; in my case when I installed my Kit and it was spot on, I had absolutely no issues. I did have one questions where the instructions were a little unclear and (the IC pump mounting) they answered right away and walked me right through it. I felt like I had just got off the phone with a friend. Absolutely great customer service from start to finish. They helped me decide what i needed based upon what I wanted and we priced and built the kit based upon my needs. It was packaged and shipped with some thought and care and the quality of the product was very good. Here is what I received:

Three boxes for my kit (and the SCT tuner came seperately)
05042011640_zps2c0bb3aa.gif

The main components out of the box
05042011641_zps5e0869b9.gif

All unpackaged and laid out
06042011645_zps9e299cdb.gif

Very good quality peices
06042011646_zps40ef8633.gif

The Magnuson MP112 Supercharger, subtle yet different
06042011647_zps445f767f.gif

06042011648_zps30ad995c.gif

06042011649_zps7fd70c26.gif

06042011650_zps317cd1f4.gif

06042011651_zpsef17c92d.gif

06042011652_zpse04b0f49.gif

The thermostat housing and coolant lines. Probably the most controversial peice in the kit but despite its lack of style, it just works.
06042011653_zps0f20a0e8.gif

06042011654_zpsb66a949f.gif

IMG_00701.gif

Of course to finish the pic whoring the final product:
48630e21.gif

turnpike_cruise

4.10's FTMFW
Established Member
I installed the Tork Teck kit on my car last winter. Had it running early spring and love it. With all the information on the web, plus a couple quick calls to TT, I had everything I needed. If I wanted to go through the process again, absolutely, without thinking twice.

Only issue I had, and this was not TT's problem, the stupid cobra throttle cable was too long. The sheathing was correct, but the wire was too long, could only get half throttle out of it. Measured, cut the end and sweated (spelling) a new end on.

I like the TT kit a lot.

alivingmustang1

Established Member
First off its torK tech. Secondly every kit like this is going to have small little things than may need modified to make fit right. Kenne bell is going to be exactly the same way. Best friend had a kenne bell car there were some little details on it that needed addressed. Tork Tech resolved every issue with Toby in a good fashion according to what I read, so not to sure where you're coming from on that. The guys over there were great to deal with and very helpful when I spoke to them last year. If I had to go back and pick between kenne bell and TT again I'd make the same decision.

Okay, "Tork Tech"...got you. KB isn't going to be "exactly the same way" in regard to having a host of small problems that need to be "modified" as you describe it. The TT isn't engineered correctly. That is the difference. Quite simply, the TT kit attempts to accomplish too much, with endless variables that complicate matters. It's nice that they resolved the issues with the customer. However, the issues should have been solved prior to release.

Last edited:

tobynt

Established Member
I have contemplated many times after finishing the install, regarding the question of "Would I do it again?"

I have answered that question with a lot of "Yes" and a lot of "No". Today, I have a pretty firm yes. I would also follow that up with a statement of "The terminator kit is not for everyone."

Many people buy the Terminator kit and attempt a budget build. Some pull it off as a budget build and some folks get about half way in and toss it to the side. The Tork Tech solution...either of the two kits they offer are not as well polished and put together as a Kenne Bell system. However, I think the TVS system may be a lot easier of an install then the terminator conversion.

The Terminator conversion seems to be more of a "Developer Kit" then a "Tuner kit". If someone wants a positive displacement blower on a 1999-2001 two valve Mustang and they want a laid out easy to follow and easy to install system and have limited experience working on cars....they do need to run away from this system. If a scale was made for the level of difficulty for this type of install and it had three levels of "Easy, Moderate and Difficult". The Terminator conversion would fall in between "Moderate and Difficult".

On the back side to the above statement. If someone simply took a Terminator kit and installed it per the recommendations of Tork Tech....and they did not try to "reinvent" a few things as I did. It would fall between "Easy and Moderate".

So, to sum up my feelings toward my install. I'm not so sure I would recommend it....but I positively don't regret it.

Here are a few pictures from various car shows over this past year. The Eaton M112 looks very much at home on top of a two valve....its very hard to dispute that statement.

brownsvillekycarshowart.jpg

centervilletncarshowfal.jpg

aug2520125thannualcross.jpg

freedomchurchcarshowsho.jpg

14thannualgranvilletnhe.jpg

mustangmaniaatthedowns1.jpg

img2057hu.jpg

almenahshrinecentercars.jpg

I wrapped up 2012 at MotorTrend Expo here in Nashville.

2012motortrendnashville.jpg

2012motortrendnashville.jpg

Wolfstang79

Established Member
valve cover badging

Where did you get the Ford Motorsport Badges?
Finally cleaned up the heads intake mounting surface. Below is a picture showing the left side clean and the right not cleaned. Then a picture of both sides cleaned up. Also took a quick shot of one of the ports....just bored at that point.

Tork Tech Terminator Install Clean Intake mounting flange on one Head and not the other

Tork Tech Terminator Install Clean Intake mounting flange on Heads

Tork Tech Terminator Install Clean Intake Runner

Here's a quick picture after I painted the engine block valley.

Tork Tech Install engine block valley

Also decided on TrickFlow black valve covers. I was going to get the bare casting and have those powder coated blue but changed my mind at the last minute and pulled the trigger on the black. After putting on a Ford Racing badge to cover up the "TrickFLow" script. I'm glad I went with black. It really highlights the ford badge.

Here a some pictures of the stock valve covers compared to the trickflow.

Side by Side compare of stock and Trick Flow Valve Covers 4.6 2 valve
torktechinstallstockval.jpg

Forward shot compare of stock and Trick Flow Valve Covers 4.6 2 valve

Underside of Stock Valve Covers 4.6 2 valve

Underside of Trick Flow Valve Covers 4.6 2 valve

Here they are with the badge and mounted.

Tork Tech Install Trick Flow Valve Covers 4.6 2 valve

D2Fresh16

Established Member
Sorry to bring this thread back up..

What did everyone do for the boost bypass solenoid on the side of the blower?

I keep getting a "hickup" when coasting.. Say going down a hill, throttle plate closed, the car "sputters" and jerks.. I think it has something to do with that bypass. Any ideas?

tobynt

Established Member
I got some new plates to replace the blower tag that Stegg put on.

I'm not sure which one I want to use yet.

Any thoughts?

fordracingtag.jpg

terminatortag.jpg

Last edited:

tobynt

Established Member
I think I will go with the Terminator modified one for this weekends car show.

Really hoping the new 5.0 magazine will be out for this weekend.

I am slated to be in the June 2013 issue.

Users who are viewing this thread