Tork Tech Terminator Install

FastEddie03GT

Established Member
EGR deletes

I'm trying to find the delete plate that you bought from billet depot. I couldnt find their store on ebay. Could you send me a link to it or have an item number for it? I found the one on top of the acuator but cant find the one under it.

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Are you referring to the opening on the eaton where on a cobra an intake temp sensor goes? If you are I modified an egr block off plate to block that hole as well.

tobynt

Established Member
^^^^^Yep, that's all I did also. If you go back to the post I made....that is referencing that specific block off plate. I did use the Billet Depot "EGR Blockoff" plate. I just had to trim a little off of the ends for clearance. You should be able to make it out in the pictures.

A lot of people have done many different things in that area. Some people just put the original sensor in the hole and others have also tapped and pluged it. I just figured at $8.00 and some time trimming the edges off was about as simple and cheap as it can get. FYI....I'm not sure if I included it in my post. But, be sure to put some silicon gasket maker around the hole before bolting down the plate.

FastEddie03GT

Established Member
EGR plate

Thanks for the reply. I ended up making a plate at work out of stainless. Works pretty good but I wont put silicone on it til I get ready for everything else ready.

mullet99

Established Member
tork tech

well this weekend im installing mac lg tubes hope it aint to bad will be dropping k member using engine bar support i up graded to steggy stg 6 port with dragon t /b seeing 12 psi at wot 3" upper dynoed 370 365 before blower up grade with a auto gt so i should be close to 400 with upgrades runs like a beast cant post pics yet im on modular fords under mullet99 pics there thanks :pepper:

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Just bought all the copper fittings for the tobys custom coolant crossover tube! Thanks again for the detailed list of parts you used!

tobynt

Established Member
Small update......nothing major but I had to dump the plastic "ribbed pulley" that came with the kit. I am speaking of the plastic one that comes with the kit from Tork Tech and is used on the inside of the pulley bridge for the accessory belt.

I simply purchased a replacement "ribbed" idler pulley from the parts store. The pulley is the same size as the ribbed one that's currently on your cars.

tobynt

Established Member
Yeah, that thing either melts or breaks off. I upgraded mine the first week I had it as well.

The only plastic one I haven't replaced is the 8 ribbed idler for the blower belt. I checked it the other day and seems to be holding up very well...but, I would like to replace it with a steel one.

Ortiz99

Established Member
You got a plastic one? I got metal idlers. Either way, I also upgraded the idler to a bigger one for better belt wrap. Here is a picture of it.

102_0089.jpg

Ortiz99

Established Member
nope....I'm talking about that plastic one on your tensioner arm.

That one will hold up. I never upgraded mine before selling the kit. Having peace of mind that its out of metal is great though. Shouldn't cost more than 15 bucks for one.

alivingmustang1

Established Member
Well done sir! An enjoyable thread to read. However, after reading your thread and its' trials and tribulations, I'm not sure if I want to bother with the Torq Tech kit after all. I was motivated with the initial impressions, now I'm not so sure. Even though KB's customer service is lacking, I don't think I'd experience as much grief. I certainly hope Torq Tech has read this thread and made changes to the problems that you've noted. If they haven't, then the company should refrain from selling them until every bug is worked-out. Thanks again!

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Well done sir! An enjoyable thread to read. However, after reading your thread and its' trials and tribulations, I'm not sure if I want to bother with the Torq Tech kit after all. I was motivated with the initial impressions, now I'm not so sure. Even though KB's customer service is lacking, I don't think I'd experience as much grief. I certainly hope Torq Tech has read this thread and made changes to the problems that you've noted. If they haven't, then the company should refrain from selling them until every bug is worked-out. Thanks again!

First off its torK tech. Secondly every kit like this is going to have small little things than may need modified to make fit right. Kenne bell is going to be exactly the same way. Best friend had a kenne bell car there were some little details on it that needed addressed. Tork Tech resolved every issue with Toby in a good fashion according to what I read, so not to sure where you're coming from on that. The guys over there were great to deal with and very helpful when I spoke to them last year. If I had to go back and pick between kenne bell and TT again I'd make the same decision.

Users who are viewing this thread