Tork Tech Blower - dyno numbers - Reviews

DivineDetail

Established Member
Well, after a month the car is finally up and running fully! I had it to the dyno yesterday for a tune(VERY CONSERVATIVE) and made 375.5 rqtq and 354 rwhp on a Mustang dyno. For referance, a stock 03.04 cobra runs 310-315 on this dyno, and an intake, exhaust tune runs about 360-365. Average boost on the read around 7.25# with an average AFR of 11.75.

My overall impression of the kit is a mixed bag. I ran into some problems with belt slip over the alternator which cooked one of the upper Idlers, and we have a slight alignment issue on the blower drive belt which I will have to correct, as it skipped the belt on the dyno. We're having some spacers machined, and that should correct this problem. I all fairness, this IS a very new kit, and so it should have been expected that I may run into some teething issues.

The Car is a BLAST to drive, tons of torque throughout the RPMS, and the blower REALLY screams. It totally roasts the tires in first, and most of second, but is very docile when you're easy on the go pedal. Overall, I'm pleased with the results.

Dyno Graphs and Pictures to be posted soon, I'm just scanning them now.

DivineDetail

Established Member
pics or vids?

I'm just in the process of uploading the pictures and the scan of the dyno graph. I don't have any video at the moment, but the boys from Western Motorsports(the guys who built the Aston Martin powered S197 SEMA show car) got some, so I'll try to get it off of them, or go film some of my own.:beer:

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
What do you all HAVE to buy from them? The plate adapter and the rib kit? Everything else you can piece together?

those are good numbers on that boost

DivineDetail

Established Member
Here we go:

mustang-posttorktech001.gif

mustang-posttorktech003.gif

mustang-posttorktech006.gif

mustang-posttorktech007.gif

mustang-posttorktech008.gif

mustang-posttorktech009.gif

mustang-posttorktech010.gif

mustang-posttorktech019.gif

Dynograph001.gif

DivineDetail

Established Member
What do you all HAVE to buy from them? The plate adapter and the rib kit? Everything else you can piece together?

those are good numbers on that boost

You can purchase a tuner kit, which will take the fuel pump, injectors, ect out; which is what I ended up doing. The other option is to purchase the full kit, or the 03/04 kit, which means you have to source the superchager.

Based on the boost, I was VERY pleased with the motor. It puts me at around 460-470 Flywheel HP and around 500 FTLBS TQ. For a stock bottom end car, I think that's plenty. It moves out well enough for me for now :lol1:

gmsux

Denial ain't just a river
Established Member
A friend of mine has this kit too, performance is great. He just ran 112 in the quarter a few weeks ago.

He also had the alignment and alt. pulley problem. We solved that with spacers and using the 4" March alt. pulley. No more belt slip now!

DivineDetail

Established Member
A friend of mine has this kit too, performance is great. He just ran 112 in the quarter a few weeks ago.

He also had the alignment and alt. pulley problem. We solved that with spacers and using the 4" March alt. pulley. No more belt slip now!

How big of spacer did you use in the crank pulley? Where did you have it done? Im glad I'm not alone in this!

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Very nice numbers! Good choice on tuner Matthew is great.

FYI: This mustang dyno is very harsh on numbers. A couple of buddy's have Pulley,intake, and exhaust cobra's. one put down 408 and the other 420 on this dyno.

DivineDetail

Established Member
Very nice numbers! Good choice on tuner Matthew is great.

FYI: This mustang dyno is very harsh on numbers. A couple of buddy's have Pulley,intake, and exhaust cobra's. one put down 408 and the other 420 on this dyno.

Thanks very much, I'm definatly pleased with the results. Matthew had the base off the computer tune almost bang on, just rich on boost.

Oh yea, I was more then happy with the numers, having seen how hard is dyno reads.:beer:

DivineDetail

Established Member
why does the dyno read so low numbers? cant they just adjust the settings or something to fix it?

Well for one, its a Mustang Dyno, so they are nitorious for reading very harshly. I'm also at some pretty awesome altitude, which wreaks havoc on the numbers; I'm sitting at 3440ft above sea level:eek:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
why does the dyno read so low numbers? cant they just adjust the settings or something to fix it?

they read lower because they put more "realistic" loading on the drums to compensate for things you would have to deal with in a real world situation.

its this loading that also makes them better for tuning.

ive always heard of 03/04's hitting mid 300's on a mustang dyno, and high 300's on a dynojet, not no 310 that OP is claiming.

DivineDetail

Established Member
they read lower because they put more "realistic" loading on the drums to compensate for things you would have to deal with in a real world situation.

its this loading that also makes them better for tuning.

ive always heard of 03/04's hitting mid 300's on a mustang dyno, and high 300's on a dynojet, not no 310 that OP is claiming.

Come up to my elevation and you'd realize why. Pullied Cobras are only making low 400's on this dyno, as as been stated previously by younggun.

heffs03mach1

COME WITH IT YA SALLY'S
Established Member
Congratulations you made stock cobra numbers. Cobras do not put down 310 on a mustang dyno but you can tell yourself whatever you want to make it all good in your book lol.

Users who are viewing this thread