TORCO mixes

DarkMach1

Established Member
For those that use Torco or octanium, have you ever found the recommended mix to be inadequate? Say you mixed 1 can for 8 gallons but found 2 cans was better per your logs? Thanks.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
25 ounces added to 8 gallons of 93 would net 103 octane, 51 ounces would net 107 and you wanna add 64? better keep up on the spark plug changes if it's a car you put some miles on.

Five-o-Joe

Established Member
With 1 can or 2 cans, I find that I change spark plugs pretty frequently. Personally, I run 2 cans (64 ounces) per tank full (~15 gallons) in my terminator/whipple fox body. Stuff works great but does increase the frequency of spark plug changes.....

Brutal Metal

Established Member
With 1 can or 2 cans, I find that I change spark plugs pretty frequently. Personally, I run 2 cans (64 ounces) per tank full (~15 gallons) in my terminator/whipple fox body. Stuff works great but does increase the frequency of spark plug changes.....
He wants to add 64 ounces to just 8 gallons of fuel...

DarkMach1

Established Member
I dont want to add anything, Im simply asking. I think I know where I made the mistake, just wondering how you guys are getting consistancy on torco. I dont really trust straight 93 when Im racing. I added a can of torco for safety about 10 minutes before getting to the track. I made one pass, didnt log, second pass I logged and KR went to +1 (took away a degree) on the back half, last pass it stayed at -0.5 on the back half. Im guessing where I messed up was adding it so close to the track being a returnless system, it took a while for the better quality fuel to get up to the injectors.

Users who are viewing this thread