Top speed with just a tune!?

MiMiK

Rollin the truck!
Established Member
My 04 F150 (5.4 3V FX4 Supercab) just got a tune and a drop in K&N... I get to 185 KM/H then the truck shifts into the last gear and literally struggles to get to 200 KM/H... I thought the truck shouldnt shift into fourth... Is this normal!? I read somewhere from the SCT tuners that they got a Lariat to peg the Speedo and keep going!? Is soethig worng wit my truck!? Not enough mods?! Whats worng... the Chevry trail blazer can hit 200 easy and its a V6 and also stock!

Need some input!

crouton

Crunchy Cube
Established Member
Can't you bypass the speed limiter by just turning the key forward once you get to 160? It worked in a 01 F350 Diesel that I was in with a friend, I don't know if it works on 05/06...

Anyone?

MiMiK

Rollin the truck!
Established Member
crouton said:
Can't you bypass the speed limiter by just turning the key forward once you get to 160? It worked in a 01 F350 Diesel that I was in with a friend, I don't know if it works on 05/06...

Anyone?

NOPE!!!

Tried it a gazillion
times..

By a programmer

(Dude... go to F150online.com... Not alot of people here who wana help in these kinda threads... )

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Take caution at high speeds above 99 MPH. 4x4 shouldn't be a problem, but it appears the reason why the limiter is there is because the driveshafts tend to hit critical rotational velocity and fall out.

I'm having my driveshaft replaced and a loop put in. For a while there I bumped my top end to 115 MPH, but put it back down to 99 in the mean time.

MiMiK

Rollin the truck!
Established Member
05 Roush said:
Take caution at high speeds above 99 MPH. 4x4 shouldn't be a problem, but it appears the reason why the limiter is there is because the driveshafts tend to hit critical rotational velocity and fall out.

I'm having my driveshaft replaced and a loop put in. For a while there I bumped my top end to 115 MPH, but put it back down to 99 in the mean time.

Thanks for the warning dude!

Been over 120 MPH... But coming down a bridge... ;-) As far as the drive shaft coming off... I did something at home to fix that.. :-D

Users who are viewing this thread