Top end Tick??!

randoo

Established Member
Ive developed a tick coming from the top of the drivers side. The top end has about 1k miles on it. Stage 2 comp cams, comp springs, ferrea(sp?) valves and so on. The tick increases and decreases with engine speed and sounds the same hot or cold. They're 01 heads with the cooling mod. I checked the plugs and they are all tight, it's not the injectors or exhaust.
What do you think....rocker arm, valve spring?? HELP!

19blkcbra99

Established Member
I had/have a really similar issue. is it blowing smoke out the tail pipes. if so it might be burning oil. who built the heads for you. Another small issue that i heard that it could be is the injectors. i am not a mechanic at all but your symptoms sound similar to mine.

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
My 97 ticks too. I have no clue what's causing it, but it runs fine. I think with some of these engines a tick is "normal". Good luck figuring it out, sorry I couldn't be more help.

randoo

Established Member
I doesnt burn any oil or smoke. Bob at CE racing did the heads unfortunately he has passed. RIP Bob. It does sound like its coming from the valve train. Dealership is gonna peak at it tomorrow. Everytime something is off on these things its huge $$$$$. Hopefully not this time!!

Users who are viewing this thread