Took the new 5.0 for a test drive today!

03dsgdreams

Established Member
It was a black gt premium black leather, options were 19 inch wheels and security package. I loved the car it was so balanced and responsive the gears were so close together and went in to gear like butter. It was awesome my only complaint was the clutch feel, it was so light but im sure with more seat time i would get used to it and end up liking it. The car doesn't feel as fast as it is, exhaust and gears would take care of that. When I take the plunge its going to be the same as this one but with the brembo's, 3.73s, and Hid's. Just for the hell of it I had the dealer give me a trade in value on my car and man was it an insult. Keep in mind my car only has 29,000 original miles and is in mint condition yet they only offered me $7,000. My plan is to put the modding to a halt on my cobra and use the loot to get it paid off asap then there will be a 5.0 in my drive way to keep my cobra company. :rockon:

Last edited:

zPipes

Established Member
29k original miles and he offers you 7 thou? I would have said at that point "Sorry pal, there are no second chances at this point. You just lost my business I will be buying this car from a different dealership."

What a tool.. man some people have absolutely no reservations do they. Talk about audacity..

jesus that makes me want to call them up and freakin cuss them out.. principles people.. principles.

03dsgdreams

Established Member
29k original miles and he offers you 7 thou? I would have said at that point "Sorry pal, there are no second chances at this point. You just lost my business I will be buying this car from a different dealership."

What a tool.. man some people have absolutely no reservations do they. Talk about audacity..

jesus that makes me want to call them up and freakin cuss them out.. principles people.. principles.

I know man, I just laughed at the guy and walked out the door.:nonono:

Blk04Snake

Established Member
You gotta understand that a dealer is only going to give you good $$ for something they can sell and make good $$ on. A '99 anything isn't in a new car dealer's best interests to have on their lot. Most likely they would simply take the car to auction and that's why they lowballed you so much for it.

When I was looking to get in another truck about 6 years ago (the truck I had before the F250 and F350) I was trying to trade in a Dodge 1500 Sport.. Noone wanted it and one dealer was good enough to explain exactly what they'd do with it. So I ended up going to a dealer that sold both Dodge and Chevy (I was looking for Chevy) and they gave me a decent trade because it was something they were going to sell on their own lot.

Just my 2 cents.. Something like a '99 Cobra you're best off to sell outright to someone that is looking just for that.

wjk

Established Member
The new 2011s are sweet cars, I had the pleasure of driving a 5.0 Premium with both Brembos and 3.73s. It was a very nice car, but I hear you about it not feeling as fast as it is. I think because it is so smooth and quiet that you don't realize how much its actually pulling. To be honest, the car felt sooo much like my 05 GT. Of course it would have danced all over that car though. But as far as interior room, comfort, and driveability goes, they were very similar. The 2011 just adds upon that, with better leather, better interior moldings, better steering, and of course more power.

GoTime

BooWho?
Established Member
It was a black gt premium black leather, options were 19 inch wheels and security package. I loved the car it was so balanced and responsive....

My plan is to put the modding to a halt on my cobra and use the loot to get it paid off asap then there will be a 5.0 in my drive way to keep my cobra company. :rockon:

We (the wife and I) just went through a test experience with a 2011 GT.
It was a convertible with an automatic (not something we would choose, but beggars can't be choosy, hehe!) and still had a blast with the car. Thought the handling of the car was fantastic. So positive was the experience, that plans are being made to own one of these puppies in the very near future.

What I also like, personally, is that even a bare bones, base GT model would satisfy my needs. Ford throws enough quality standard stuff on them, let alone powerful, that the base model is enticing, well to me anyway.

Good luck on your 5.0 GT Ownership quest.:beer:

Photo Gallery..........................Website.............................Modifications

sig2010.jpg

Have a great day eh !________________________________________Dave

01greycobra

Built and Blown!
Established Member
QUOTE]

+1

Just for the same fun last year, I test drove a mineral gray '03 cobra vert and wanted to see what the dealer would give me. Granted he thought the car was stock they offered $9,000 for it. I did the same laugh and leave technique lol

CAPTAIN JACK

Established Member
a car has a resale value and an emotional value, dealers need to resell it hence their
trade value, it is difficult to trade in a car one truly loves, this value has no bearing
on what a dealer will offer. the 1999 is 11 years old, banks are recultant to loan
money on trade in's of this age, the dealer was probably going to wholesale the car,
hence the value was reflective

AmnDucky

Established Member
It was a black gt premium black leather, options were 19 inch wheels and security package. I loved the car it was so balanced and responsive the gears were so close together and went in to gear like butter. It was awesome my only complaint was the clutch feel, it was so light but im sure with more seat time i would get used to it and end up liking it. The car doesn't feel as fast as it is, exhaust and gears would take care of that. When I take the plunge its going to be the same as this one but with the brembo's, 3.73s, and Hid's. Just for the hell of it I had the dealer give me a trade in value on my car and man was it an insult. Keep in mind my car only has 29,000 original miles and is in mint condition yet they only offered me $7,000. My plan is to put the modding to a halt on my cobra and use the loot to get it paid off asap then there will be a 5.0 in my drive way to keep my cobra company. :rockon:
Mine feels slow because I cant get traction :burnout:

NiteMareGT

Master Of Puppets
Established Member
I think 3rd gear is it's best gear.

At least it feels that way on mine...

The car makes smooth horsepower in every gear in all rpm ranges all the way to redline...

It's just badass for an all motor platform...

kingnut

Established Member
a car has a resale value and an emotional value, dealers need to resell it hence their
trade value, it is difficult to trade in a car one truly loves, this value has no bearing
on what a dealer will offer. the 1999 is 11 years old, banks are recultant to loan
money on trade in's of this age, the dealer was probably going to wholesale the car,
hence the value was reflective

:rockon:

slyguy

Established Member
Part of the problem with the low offer may have been the time of year also - unless you have good weather all year round, the season is close to over and they would have to sell it right away or carry it over the winter. I'll bet the offer would have been higher in the spring...

kingnut

Established Member
i like how no one is making mention that with the new 5.0's success that its gonna drive down previous mustang models a bit. also with the state of our economy how much do you really think a 12 year old mustang is worth to a dealer. i still say if they would have bought it for 7 grand the salesman would be cussed out by the sales manager.

i just looked at a 750k condo thats going for 215k is the DC area. its a different time people.

Users who are viewing this thread