Took the Dart to the track *vid*

Driver500

Established Member
I picked up this Dart after selling my 72 Duster. It's rough around the edges but I like the design more than the Duster and it gave me a good place to start.

Current setup is LA 360 with flat top pistons and 10.5-1 compression. TCI 727 and nitto drag radials.

I'll post up progress as the projects comes along.

[youtube_browser]ipE5p4ZEGtw&feature=share&list=UUj5I0Pyo674HZYspkgb3Vaw[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]2SCxyf33ajc&feature=share&list=UUj5I0Pyo674HZYspkgb3Vaw[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

Driver500

Established Member
It's what I had laying around and those other wheels had to go.

This one will be a longer term project I plan to keep. They had turbos in the 60s right?

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
It's what I had laying around and those other wheels had to go.

This one will be a longer term project I plan to keep. The. had turbos in the 60s right?

Hell they had turbos in the 20s on boats, 40s had turbo trains, mid to late 60s there were turbo diesels in trucks. You will be period correct just wrong engine platform lol.

tunedin302

Runnin' with the devil
Established Member
Nice - I love the Mopars! This is my Dad's 78 with the original 360 stroked to a 408 by Ray Barton.

Truck_zps7317f247.jpg

Truck2_zpsf42a05c8.jpg

Driver500

Established Member
car sounded great, but what the hell was that nasty sounding car in the background of the first video @ 15 seconds??

I'm not sure of the motor setup but it's a older G ride Lincoln
with a healthy motor. The Go Pro is distorting the sound.

Nice - I love the Mopars! This is my Dad's 78 with the original 360 stroked to a 408 by Ray Barton.

Man that's cool. My neighbor had one of those when I was a kid. One of the last old school Dodge hot rods.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's a nice Dart you have. Strong running Dart, too. I have to admit I'm partial to the 340 Duster because I had a '71. Red with full bucket interior. Mods were minimal (650 Holley DP, Hooker headers, Edelbrock Tarantula manifold, Mallory ignition, 3.90 gears). I had some great times, and great races, with that car. Keeping enjoying that good looking Dart! :)

jfsram

Established Member
Lots of potential with your Dart. The younger generation is used to tuners, cold air intakes and exhaust kits that add 5hp.

Old muscle like yours are just waiting to be untapped. Cam and headers and I see traps like 110 in your future.

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
nice runs! what gear and cam?

makes me miss my notchback 69 barracuda. =[

it had a 75 360 in it with ported 974 heads, big valves, ect ect. had KB 9.8:1 pistons in it but the heads (intake) were milled to get an even 10:1. i ran a good old MP 284/.484 purple shaft (early 2000s). hmm what else, holley vac sec 750 with yellow spring and bigger squirter. standard junk smalltube headers, torquer 2 intake, orange box for ignition. trans was a 904 with the steeper gear set and a ptc 3000 stall converter. had 3.55 gears, pinion snubber, and SS springs in the back. still turned 3300rpm at 70mph, lol. ran a best of 12.12 @ 112 with a 1.59 60ft on M&H Racemaster DOT radials back in the day.

car sits in the garage of my moms house a thousand miles away. needs a complete makeover. ill get around to it one day unless someone buys it first. its about 3 steps from a basket case now anyways. it was a great car for an 18-21year old though. mans car...no a/c, no radio, no power steering or power brakes.

Driver500

Established Member
That's a nice Dart you have. Strong running Dart, too. I have to admit I'm partial to the 340 Duster because I had a '71. Red with full bucket interior. Mods were minimal (650 Holley DP, Hooker headers, Edelbrock Tarantula manifold, Mallory ignition, 3.90 gears). I had some great times, and great races, with that car. Keeping enjoying that good looking Dart! :)

Thank you. The 340s surprised a lot of people from what I hear.

Lots of potential with your Dart. The younger generation is used to tuners, cold air intakes and exhaust kits that add 5hp.

Old muscle like yours are just waiting to be untapped. Cam and headers and I see traps like 110 in your future.

nice runs! what gear and cam?

makes me miss my notchback 69 barracuda. =[

it had a 75 360 in it with ported 974 heads, big valves, ect ect. had KB 9.8:1 pistons in it but the heads (intake) were milled to get an even 10:1. i ran a good old MP 284/.484 purple shaft (early 2000s). hmm what else, holley vac sec 750 with yellow spring and bigger squirter. standard junk smalltube headers, torquer 2 intake, orange box for ignition. trans was a 904 with the steeper gear set and a ptc 3000 stall converter. had 3.55 gears, pinion snubber, and SS springs in the back. still turned 3300rpm at 70mph, lol. ran a best of 12.12 @ 112 with a 1.59 60ft on M&H Racemaster DOT radials back in the day.

car sits in the garage of my moms house a thousand miles away. needs a complete makeover. ill get around to it one day unless someone buys it first. its about 3 steps from a basket case now anyways. it was a great car for an 18-21year old though. mans car...no a/c, no radio, no power steering or power brakes.

Running a 3.55 gear with a 508 purple shaft cam and long tube headers. The heads are the limiting factor right now.

Do you have any pics of the notch? That's another A body I'd like to have in the collection. You never see the notches around at all.

Users who are viewing this thread