Took the Boss to the track

iTrack

Established Member
Took my Boss out to Texas World Speedway this weekend. The car was great and handled beautifully. Those stock tires were not quiet up to the performance the Boss can lay down and were tread squirming. The car also needs just a touch of camber in the front. The car was simply amazing other than those two areas. I could late break and trail it in, the car would back out and then take a set. It was very easy to steer with the throttle and the trans shifted awesome. The car ahead of me is a 250whp turbo miata on r-comps and the camera car is a AE86 v8 also on r-comps. The Boss was the only car in this group on real street tires and no mods. I think it says a lot about the car when it can run with NASA TT race cars right off the showroom floor.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGs5YvO5-70"]YouTube - tws ccw time trials ae86 4/30/2011[/nomedia]

Car has no mods but has optional Torsen T2R

cloud9

Established Member
Very cool. Yea they nailed it. I'm heading out for my second track weekend in the Boss Friday. I figured I'd be modding this car quite a bit, but at this point I'm not touching it. I did put in -1.7 degrees of camber and it seems to do the job. My tire temps were pretty even, but you could maybe go to -2. Factory was -.95. Can't wait for TracKey. Will likely be less inclined to mod it after that.......at least until next year lol.

cloud9

Established Member
How did you get the camber? Is the factory bolt adjustable or did you use an eibach camber bolt?

Eccentric bolt in the lower strut. You could do MM c/c plates too and get more than just with the bolt. I'm o.k. at -1.7 for now and had a great weekend at MPH. Tire wear is a little worse on the outer edges, but not significant. Temps were pretty consistent across the face. Turn-in was MUCH better than the stock Laguna Seca I drove later day.

Users who are viewing this thread