Took the 392 charger back to the track

OneSlowV

Established Member
Had a good time last night got my new personal best . 1000 better da some port work helped it out pretty good . Da was 2300 also for the hemi guys don’t remove factory catback even though it’s 60lbs saved you will lose over 10rwhp found out the hard way . My mods are jlt intake , hellcat Tb , ported intake , jay Greene tune, drag pack and weight reduction still need to install headers .

Best pass 11.68@117

IMG_6071.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

SLVRNBLK

Established Member
Nice pass brother! The weight reduction and wisely chosen mods/tuning are definitely working well. That essentially matches my best pass in 0 DA at Full Weight (4620lbs w/driver(as measured on scales at the Motorplex), Full Bolt-on SRT 392 on 93 and Drag Pack). I think that shorter tire you're running is helping as well. I would love to slap a 3.70 Diff in my car, but they want like $1600 bones for that sucker...so I reckon I'll continue to make do with the trusty 3.09.

I realize this is stating the obvious, but that thing is going to absolutely FLY in the upcoming cooler Fall and Winter temps. Looking forward to tracking your progress! Best of luck to you.

OneSlowV

Established Member
The car is running really well for how humid it was that night . I have a GForce Driveshaft coming for it should save about 12lbs of rotational weight . Wanna do light weight brakes next . I’ve thought about that rearend to but it’s a lot of money lol.The 26 inch dragpack helps this tank move out the hole pretty damn good . I can’t wait for some winter air and I appreciate it

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
That thing is moving, well done.

Not shocked to hear about the cat back costing power, seen it before on a GCSRT8.
Crazy it weighs 60 pounds, I'm guessing there are plenty of aftermarket options that weigh quite a bit less. Although I will say the stock catback is one of the best sounding ones out there.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
I'm guessing your weight reduction is a gutted interior?

OneSlowV

Established Member
That thing is moving, well done.

Not shocked to hear about the cat back costing power, seen it before on a GCSRT8.
Crazy it weighs 60 pounds, I'm guessing there are plenty of aftermarket options that weigh quite a bit less. Although I will say the stock catback is one of the best sounding ones out there.

Thank you and yes catback is heavy sob . I will be putting it back on for next rental to see if the hp gain outweighs the weight reduction. And i agree haven’t heard anything aftermarket that sounds better than factory.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice run. Nice RT. Definitely will be interesting to see what you run with the factory catback in cooler air.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
Thank you and yes catback is heavy sob . I will be putting it back on for next rental to see if the hp gain outweighs the weight reduction. And i agree haven’t heard anything aftermarket that sounds better than factory.

A co-worker put a Flowmaster catback on his 18 SP, and I don't hate it nearly as much as I expected to :)
It still has the stock 'tone' just a few notches louder...

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Deleted it for the 60 lb savings I’m as shocked as you are lol

I believe it...I had factory GT500 quads on my 14, did the magnaflow race quads which is essentially straight thru, never dynoed it, but the car felt completely gutless downlow, midrange...I suspect I at least lost a decent amount of tq with that move, ended up putting the factory quads back on.

OneSlowV

Established Member
Nice run. How do you like the car compared to your old 2012 Mustang?

The 2012 I really liked it Especially with the kooks headers and corsa catback real fun car . But honestly for me the 392/A8 combo does everything better so much more power down low makes it more fun to drive. I really wish Dodge would make a lighter version though .

OneSlowV

Established Member
I believe it...I had factory GT500 quads on my 14, did the magnaflow race quads which is essentially straight thru, never dynoed it, but the car felt completely gutless downlow, midrange...I suspect I at least lost a decent amount of tq with that move, ended up putting the factory quads back on.

My problem is with this car everything is straight through on the 19s . I’m guessing without the xpipe on the car it’s really Killing the power I was at a loss when I found out through. My 6th gen ran just fine with open headers lol

Users who are viewing this thread