Established Member
2011 Ford Taurus SHO
Livernois Stage 4 91 Octane Tune

R/T - .594
60' - 1.977
330 - 5.588
1/8 - 8.601
MPH - 81.70

I could have sworn that the car felt a little slower tonight than it usually does around town. My only guess is that maybe the car cooled down too much? Staging took forever and the car sat for around and hour and a half before it ran.

Numbers look about right?

Here's a crappy 0-80 video I took n my phone on the way back home.
Taurus SHO 0-80 - YouTube

Last edited:

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
2011 Ford Taurus SHO
Livernois Stage 4 91 Octane Tune

R/T - .594
60' - 1.977
330 - 5.588
1/8 - 8.601
MPH - 81.70

I could have sworn that the car felt a little slower tonight than it usually does around town. My only guess is that maybe the car cooled down too much? Staging took forever and the car sat for around and hour and a half before it ran.

Numbers look about right?

Here's a crappy 0-80 video I took n my phone on the way back home.
Taurus SHO 0-80 - YouTube

Seems a little slower, but you are on a 91 octane tune so that may be about right. I ran back in June with a canned Unleashed 93 tune and my best was 12.96 quarter, 8.36 eighth, 1.91 60 foot. I really comes down to launch rpms on the boost and getting that just right. So the car basically launches out of the hole on the boost. Surprisingly a little tricky. The guys running the better times are getting in to the 1.8 range in their 60 foots.

Another thing I will mention, which I brought up on another forum is changing you plugs if they have not been down. Ford has updated the plug for SHO's and it's a Motorcraft sp534. It's a rebranded NGK plug that is only 3.99 instead of 12.99. My plug gaps OEM were all ****ed up. The new ones come ready to go (pregapped) at .030. I would try this first...

Last edited:

Hi-Hat

Established Member
Tell me more about the trickiness to the launching that you mentioned. When I was at the track I just power braked it as high as it would rev and then released the brakes. Is there anymore to it other than that?

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
Tell me more about the trickiness to the launching that you mentioned. When I was at the track I just power braked it as high as it would rev and then released the brakes. Is there anymore to it other than that?

The optimum range is somewhere in the 1800-2300 range and every car a little different. Is your car a performance pkg or non pp? I think the PP cars with steeper gearing take less rpm. Although even with traction control off if the car senses the fronts spinning compared to the rears the ECU will pull back. So it's a balancing line from the 9 runs I have made total. My best 60' foot was 2100-2200 rpms. The most boost without a lot spin is best.

The times I just floored it and let off the brake where not my best runs by far. fyi

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread