BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
nice job. I have to get out to Lebanon one of these days

9646stang

NoviBlownMystic
Established Member
Love the color man. Beautiful car. What's it going to take to get that car to run as advertised. And I'm talking about the 9.65 bullshit. There are a few guys here in Tulsa that can't even get them to run as good as the hellkittys.

I have to say I'm not dogging you or your car. I wish I had one. But I'm poor. I just wish these things would start getting it done. 10.20's is legit but a long way from 9.65.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
For starters, more seat time. 7th pass in the car running 3 consecutive passes at 135 mph.
I was told I had to either leave or bring down the MPH (135+ requires cage, license, fire suit, bla bla bla)
Car weighs 4450 with me in it.
Car is loaded with full interior.
Leah Pritchetts run was in a gutted Demon with perfect prep and conditions.
I’ll get there, just gonna take some practice!

Jefe

Established Member
Great run! What was the DA, 1200ish? If that was stock Nittos and 100 octane that is seriously impressive

What's it going to take to get that car to run as advertised. And I'm talking about the 9.65 bullshit.
I have to say I'm not dogging you or your car. I wish I had one. But I'm poor. I just wish these things would start getting it done. 10.20's is legit but a long way from 9.65.
Yawn...

Gonna have to wait till the winter to see significantly negative DAs again. I doubt anyone ever runs a 9.64 bone stock unless its Leah. We may never see a 9.70 either so quit worrying

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
Love the color man. Beautiful car. What's it going to take to get that car to run as advertised. And I'm talking about the 9.65 bullshit. There are a few guys here in Tulsa that can't even get them to run as good as the hellkittys.

There have been 4 guys, that i know of, who have run 9.90s, which is only a few tenths off. None of them used the trans brake, nor did they have negative DA. This has been addressed over and over, but people who hate, don't take the time to listen or understand, they just hate on the car. It will take what it takes any car to maximize it's performance, excellent weather, track prep, and good driving.

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
Solid run and good MPH. You're right in line with others. When the weather cools off, we'll see a few more run 9s. Only last week, did they build the last car. Guys are going to have to use the trans brake, to nab that final tenth or two.

9646stang

NoviBlownMystic
Established Member
Show me where this 9.65 has been done and I will believe. You guys can get upset all you want when people like me bring it up. And it will always get brought up until it's proven. These cars are gimmicks and always will be. Fiat did a fine job marketing. Any idiot can buy a $100000 car that is supposed to run 9's and doesn't. I did say 10.20's is legit. And 9.90's also great. But that car will never never never run 9.65 in its life in stock form. Doesn't matter to conditions or how it's driven. It doesn't have it in it period end of the damn sentence.

9646stang

NoviBlownMystic
Established Member
And as far as the going to fast. That's also a load of crap. Most of if not all of the tracks across the states will let you rent the facility. Guess what. When you rent you don't have to follow nhra rules. Most tracks also have midnights and again no rules. So let's put that excuse to rest.

9646stang

NoviBlownMystic
Established Member
I will not reply to the many that think they need to bash me for the truth. So type what you want to type and go

Last edited by a moderator:

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
And as far as the going to fast. That's also a load of crap. Most of if not all of the tracks across the states will let you rent the facility. Guess what. When you rent you don't have to follow nhra rules. Most tracks also have midnights and again no rules. So let's put that excuse to rest.

I don’t make the rules at the track.
Talk to Wayne in the tower, he calls the shots at LVD.
Can’t say I’ve ever raced at a track where they haven’t followed NHRA rules. They are pretty strict around here.
I like racing in a safe environment.
This wasn’t a track rental, this was “real world” bracket racing.

As for the DA on that run, it was 1850.

9646stang

NoviBlownMystic
Established Member
I'm actually surprised nobody got mad at me. I'm not trying get to be a dick. Even though I'm sure most of you think I am. Good luck building a fox for $20k now days. I'm not trying to take away from the OP's badass ride or his efforts to achieve the impossible. I'm just tired of everyone thinking this demon is the "one". Again. If I wasn't poor I would own one and I wouldn't put it in the 9's either.

As far as track rules are concerned. Rules are only enforced during hours of normal operation. Rules are out the window when the track is rented or under other events like midnight drags. Been this way forever.

It's funny fiat would build a car that is illegal to perform at it's full potential. I wonder why they did that. I think I know. But I won't say. It will stir things up to much.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I'm actually surprised nobody got mad at me. I'm not trying get to be a dick. Even though I'm sure most of you think I am. Good luck building a fox for $20k now days. I'm not trying to take away from the OP's badass ride or his efforts to achieve the impossible. I'm just tired of everyone thinking this demon is the "one". Again. If I wasn't poor I would own one and I wouldn't put it in the 9's either.

As far as track rules are concerned. Rules are only enforced during hours of normal operation. Rules are out the window when the track is rented or under other events like midnight drags. Been this way forever.

It's funny fiat would build a car that is illegal to perform at it's full potential. I wonder why they did that. I think I know. But I won't say. It will stir things up to much.
No, you’re being a ass.

Users who are viewing this thread