Took a risk ‘22 on order

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Long time coming but I finally have a confirmed order for a GT500!

‘22 Base
Eruption Green
Black painted roof
Stripe delete
Handling pack
Tech pack
Recaros
CF interior
Black car cover

Deposit placed, confirmed it’s their first allocation and first order, went in early Tuesday morning.
Color was the hardest choice and I would have gone CFHP if available in ‘22.
Now I mentioned risk because I ordered from a local dealer at MSRP. I wanted to thank Nick @13COBRA because we had agreement for an allocation at MSRP.
I was 100% confident in getting an ordered car from Nick without any games. A local dealer I’ve used for years acquired a local Ford dealer. I talked to my longtime FCA salesman and he said he could now sell Ford as well. He wasn’t confident on MSRP but the dealership owners said if it’s a local and loyal customer, they will never do mark ups. (Same dealer offered me a Demon at sticker). The markup for out of market buyers is $10k.
I slept on it and I contacted Nick and told him I was buying local. Even though I would save myself the anxiety by going with Nick, I wanted another enthusiast to be able to custom order their car at MSRP from a stand up dealer. I was really looking forward to shaking his hand and having a fun drive home with my dad.
Now, the wait begins!
I ordered my ‘14 in mid February and received it early June. I believe they won’t build cars until March and I know the order was accepted early on the first day, but I’m assuming there will be factors that may push the build later in the year.
Good luck to those looking for an allocation.
-J

manny231988

Established Member
Congrats J I finally got my 21 in after waiting since April when I placed order still waiting for my 13 lol to be finished up, Nick is awesome I have bought several cars from him, now the wait begins sound like a awesome combo.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Big congrats J, I'm definitely jealous. Great choice on the color, I definitely love that green. I wish I could actually own both

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks guys. I always get stuck on color choice so I let my dad choose. His ‘67 GT500 should be on the road by spring.
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Congrats on the order.
Plenty of time now to order those mods..
I’m going to treat this car like my ‘04 Cobra and just do some basic mods and enjoy it for what it is built for. This IRS can probably handle drag racing but I have no interest in doing that with this car.
Plus I’ll actually be able to take the wife and kids and random trips. They’re scared of my ‘14 even when I drive nice
So, tint pulley injector flex tune and tires. Done.
-J

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations! Nice color pick. Can't wait to see a photo!

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
:cough, lies, cough:

Congrats buddy!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Yep I didn’t believe it when I typed it haha.
Plus I was at mod Nats planning hellion twins with Ken B.
Honestly the 3.8 Whipple hard to ignore but I wish Ford would’ve went TT and DCT. After watching that Hellion PBD tuning session I’m sold. But this car will be stock for a while. Couple other projects to finish. LX goes to chassis shop in 2weeks and I just got the call from Chris Holbrook on this Bear block bad@ss 5.2 Coyote 1500+ capable.
Plan to finally race the Fox again in 2022.
-J
9161FAB4-D997-4536-905D-01ADD24C99C0.jpeg

99BOSS

Established Member
Congrats on the order! You'll love it. I understand what you mean on the color thing. Ive never had a problem picking out a color on a new car or truck I wanted until this GT500 came along. I kept bouncing around over the blues and it didnt help that Ford had 3 of them. I know it may be a wait but it'll be worth it. Looking forward to pics of the old and new one together.

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
Long time coming but I finally have a confirmed order for a GT500!

‘22 Base
Eruption Green
Black painted roof
Stripe delete
Handling pack
Tech pack
Recaros
CF interior
Black car cover

Deposit placed, confirmed it’s their first allocation and first order, went in early Tuesday morning.
Color was the hardest choice and I would have gone CFHP if available in ‘22.
Now I mentioned risk because I ordered from a local dealer at MSRP. I wanted to thank Nick @13COBRA because we had agreement for an allocation at MSRP.
I was 100% confident in getting an ordered car from Nick without any games. A local dealer I’ve used for years acquired a local Ford dealer. I talked to my longtime FCA salesman and he said he could now sell Ford as well. He wasn’t confident on MSRP but the dealership owners said if it’s a local and loyal customer, they will never do mark ups. (Same dealer offered me a Demon at sticker). The markup for out of market buyers is $10k.
I slept on it and I contacted Nick and told him I was buying local. Even though I would save myself the anxiety by going with Nick, I wanted another enthusiast to be able to custom order their car at MSRP from a stand up dealer. I was really looking forward to shaking his hand and having a fun drive home with my dad.
Now, the wait begins!
I ordered my ‘14 in mid February and received it early June. I believe they won’t build cars until March and I know the order was accepted early on the first day, but I’m assuming there will be factors that may push the build later in the year.
Good luck to those looking for an allocation.
-J

Congrats!! So you're pullying??

eagle eye

Established Member
I’m going to treat this car like my ‘04 Cobra and just do some basic mods and enjoy it for what it is built for. This IRS can probably handle drag racing but I have no interest in doing that with this car.
Plus I’ll actually be able to take the wife and kids and random trips. They’re scared of my ‘14 even when I drive nice
So, tint pulley injector flex tune and tires. Done.
-J

J, you will love this car. It's civility and insanity all rolled into one.
And don't forget the Track Attack in Charlotte. It is an experience of a
lifetime...while beating the piss out of their car. (and the ride-along with the instructor on the roval is a must) The folks at the school treat ya right. The instructors are former pro drivers. I did it last month, awesome.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life

-J
Doesn't the medical community recommend getting your heart racing from time to time,....................is good for you ??

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
J, you will love this car. It's civility and insanity all rolled into one.
And don't forget the Track Attack in Charlotte. It is an experience of a
lifetime...while beating the piss out of their car. (and the ride-along with the instructor on the roval is a must) The folks at the school treat ya right. The instructors are former pro drivers. I did it last month, awesome.
We've heard from a few others here who treated themselves to the Track Attack. Definitely a must-do thing to do if you can do it.

BOD89LX

Established Member
Congrats on the order , can’t wait to see the pictures when you get it. I also recommend do the Track Attack, it’s a blast.

Users who are viewing this thread