Took a Gsx-r

venomboysvt

Established Member
It was weird, me and my best friend was coming home after parting and we exit off the off ramp towards our home. A gsxr pull by reving as he passes (has to be a 600) so the light was red, then it turns green before I stop, so I gun it. Next thing you know the bike goes for it (hence he did have a passenger with him with a nice ass) we go down craig rd and im iam power shifting. The bike was side by side the whole way. By the time I hit 130mph the bike lets off and I do too. He comes by giving me the thumbs up. Thats weird, id figure he would take me like nothing. That has me thinking that my car is just as fast as my bike now. That Sux. Oh well it was fun though.

Last edited:

bmfgsxr

Established Member
good run.. a passenger on a bike makes a much larger difference than it would in a car for starters. riding an r6 im sure you realize that they start losing some steam over 120ish.

Youkai

Established Member
I doubt he was all in it especially with a passenger, I never race with a passenger on, too much risk. Plus, he had double the weight. And by your mod list, you are no where near as fast as a 600. Your R6 should pull low 11's / high 10's

venomboysvt

Established Member
Youkai said:
I doubt he was all in it especially with a passenger, I never race with a passenger on, too much risk. Plus, he had double the weight. And by your mod list, you are no where near as fast as a 600. Your R6 should pull low 11's / high 10's

Yeah, thats what id figured. He probably wasnt all in, but still was fun. I dont think Id be all in with a passenger, but I will never know. The guys was cool and gave me the thumbs up. Ill see him again he lives by me.

venomboysvt

Established Member
bmfgsxr said:
good run.. a passenger on a bike makes a much larger difference than it would in a car for starters. riding an r6 im sure you realize that they start losing some steam over 120ish.

Yeah i also figured that out today, after Johnny law dogg busted me going 100+. He hooked it up though and said I was only going 60 which was weird, but ill take it.

Harry Schneider

Established Member
Well...I know you guys are going to "flame" this but last week on my way to the gym, a guy on a R6 (i think) was coming up behind me fast, got on my tail waiting for enough room to change lanes and pass. I kept my eyes on him (in the mirror) and as soon as he croutched down and changed lanes, I hit it at about 30 mph in 2nd. He never even pulled up to my passenger window! I hit third gear and shut her down (we were on a city street) and then he went flying by, so I know he was trying. That's the third bike I've beatin from a roll or top end run! I say a pullied Cobra has a good chance against anything but a Liter bike! (Although I haven't had the pleasure or run one yet!) REMEMBER...this is from a roll! After I turned the corner the guy made a U-turn to see what had just kicked his ass!!

Last edited:

WhippleBlowJob

PUUUUURGE!!!
Established Member
Well....actually the difference made when having a passenger on a bike is not as much the weight issue as it is the trying to keep the front wheel down. I had an F4i and even with a 110lb girl on my bike with me.....i couldn't go past 3/4 throttle without it coming up. I have been riding for about 6 years and i KNOW what im doing. You cant judge like that. but your car does still have to be pretty stout to even hang in that situation. Good race.

venomboysvt

Established Member
WhippleBlowJob said:
Well....actually the difference made when having a passenger on a bike is not as much the weight issue as it is the trying to keep the front wheel down. I had an F4i and even with a 110lb girl on my bike with me.....i couldn't go past 3/4 throttle without it coming up. I have been riding for about 6 years and i KNOW what im doing. You cant judge like that. but your car does still have to be pretty stout to even hang in that situation. Good race.

Ahh that make sense now. Yeah Id figure there was no way that could of happened.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Harry Schneider said:
Well...I know you guys are going to "flame" this but last week on my way to the gym, a guy on a R6 (i think) was coming up behind me fast, got on my tail waiting for enough room to change lanes and pass. I kept my eyes on him (in the mirror) and as soon as he croutched down and changed lanes, I hit it at about 30 mph in 2nd. He never even pulled up to my passenger window! I hit third gear and shut her down (we were on a city street) and then he went flying by, so I know he was trying. That's the third bike I've beatin from a roll or top end run! I say a pullied Cobra has a good chance against anything but a Liter bike! (Although I haven't had the pleasure or run one yet!) REMEMBER...this is from a roll! After I turned the corner the guy made a U-turn to see what had just kicked his ass!!

:lol: He prolly kept it in 6th gear

Users who are viewing this thread