Too many whites and men in military

Ironhand

Banned
Who else is gonna get paid very little to get shot at half a world away.

Thats right, you guessed it, CRAZY WHITE BOYS..

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
good, they need some affirmative action for us hispanics...moving on up!

yeah right, gtfo, you earn your way up the ranks, i don't give a shit what color you are. just my opinion anyways, what the hell does an E-5 know anyways........lol

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
makes sense since the majority of people in the military are white males. so it stands to reason that more white males are going to be at the top. idiots.

Rochard

Established Member
This report is scary really. It basically says 90% of the military is white, and that the US military fails to represent the US population. In the next twenty years, whites will be a minority. When your military is white and the majority of your population isn't, that's gonna be an issue.

SB490

Established Member
This report is scary really. It basically says 90% of the military is white, and that the US military fails to represent the US population. In the next twenty years, whites will be a minority. When your military is white and the majority of your population isn't, that's gonna be an issue.
Isn't that the truth.
The things our government wastes money on is astounding, makes me sick to think about it.

Zentenk

Established Member
Guess the white boys did a good job, got promoted and opted to stay in. Here is an idea, force people into service so it is more diverse!!! =D

Meanwhile the majority of people in prison are...

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
Having been an ROTC recruiter, I'm not surprised by this.

When I would speak to schools with large minority bases, they didn't have much of an interest in college or ROTC. We can't give scholarships to kids who don't want them.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
I will never understand the mindset of some people. If you can't consider race to disqualify (which I agree with) how the hell can you consider it as a qualifier?

Wouldn't the other races be discriminated against at that point? ****ing hypocrites are slamming this crap down our throats and its ok!!

To everyone: earn your shit! Nothing should be given.

ssssnake

Established Member
I don't understand the problem (well, I don't think it's a problem). We have the finest military in the world - IN THE WORLD. I really don't care what the ratio is. As I read the article, I kept wondering who the people were that made up that study. Waste of time.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
There are far more important issues to investigate and/or spend money on. This one is just plain stupid, and a waste of time and money.

mhunsr

Established Member
That report is a bunch of bull****. I retired after 20 years, and in my next to last unit the Brigade Sergeant Major - black, Batallion Sergeant Major-black female, 1 black First Sergeant, and another female First Sergeant. Out of seven senior leaders 4 were minority. The reason they use the combat unit excuse is because females can't hold higher level leadership positions because they can't hold the MOS. I do not know who actually did the investigating, but the report does not include all aspects of the circumstances. Personaly, I didn't care about the race of the person in charge, everbody was green!

oilwell1415

Established Member
This opinion is flawed, to become an officer you have to have a college education.

I think he means 95% of the liberals that get an education are not military material.

They are called minorities for a reason: there aren't as many of them. Based on that there won't be as many in leadership positions. You can't put someone in a position if they aren't there to fill it. Even if they do volunteer, they don't seem to stick around as long for whatever reason. If you leave the service after 4 years it's a safe bet you won't be making it to a senior leadership position.

It wouldn't surprise me if the people who demanded the study could help relieve the problem they've invented if they would enlist instead of hitching about who else enlisted.

Badasp5.0

Established Member
I don't see the problem the demographics of the military reflect the demographics of the US and that is mostly white. I could care less and this is coming from a vet that is Hispanic.

assasyn

Established Member
Where is fat ass Michael Moore on this one. Wasn't he the one complaining that recruiters only targeted the lower income black community?

Users who are viewing this thread