Tonneau Cover Questions...

JR_Cobra

Established Member
I want to put a hard tonneau on my vert. I also want to get the lightbar and windscreen. The 2-piece tonneau seem to be the most practical, but I wonder if they look as good or are as solid as the 1-piece.

Can the 1-piece fit in the back seat in the event of rain?

Also, any idea on the cost to have it painted?

Thanks!
Jeff

nj7703

Established Member
I was gonna get the 2 piece from Cervini's. I'm not doing the light bar so it will look stupid. I think the 1 piece is too big for the back seat, but i am not sure. This months 5.0 mag has a story on Cervini's feature car, good pics of the top. I need soemthign i hate the stock boot cover, what a POS it is.

http://www.50mustangandsuperfords.com/toc/

Last edited:

Brad

Banned
I like the look, but the one piece seems to be the only way to go, and its just not practical. I remember someone on here picked up the 2 piece and it was all warped and was a total POS.

Risilrac

Established Member
I think Cervini's is a pretty good cover from what I heard. Those are the ones that I'm looking into getting.

THE FLASH

"Mr. Sulu, Warp factor 3"
Established Member
In order to put the tonneau in the back seat, you will have to go with the 2 piece. I am not sure the windshield will work with the tonneau cover.

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Originally posted by Brad
I like the look, but the one piece seems to be the only way to go, and its just not practical. I remember someone on here picked up the 2 piece and it was all warped and was a total POS.

Thats why I bought a one piece.

docs03

Established Member
The one piece will be too large to fit in the back seat. The Cervini piece is a quality one. I have seen it on a few cars in person. I had a quote of $350 to prep and paint it.

MikeW

Established Member
The new Saleen Verts have a Tonneau Cover Roadsteer option that has a lightbar attached to it that does not require any drilling to install it. It looks good but it is not avaliable for sale yet. I wanted a light bar but didnt want to cut or drill. Any other company make a light bar combo that does not require hole drilling?

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Nope now way in to put in back seat with top up but Haney Motorsports does offer a mini boot to cover the interior and tannau area for over night or rain.

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
Ever consider a soft tonneau? Around $100 thru ford. This along wit hthe CDC lightbar & www.haneymotorsport.com windguard was a great combo for my '01 & I could have it off & folded in the trunk in under 2 minutes.

Pat Haney offers windguards for both hard & soft tonneaus.

fc2cfeb3.jpg

fc2d02bd.jpg

10thVert

Established Member
I like the looks of the soft cover and would consider one for the 10th anniversary vert. How does it attach to the car? Looks good compare to the one that came with the car.

hockeypuck_74

Established Member
Originally posted by docs03
The one piece will be too large to fit in the back seat. The Cervini piece is a quality one. I have seen it on a few cars in person. I had a quote of $350 to prep and paint it.

Ouch.

They shipped my two-piece yesterday and it should be here next week. I ordered it through the Ford dealer in Federal Way (Pacific Coast Ford) - they're one of the local Saleen dealers and really trust the company they ordered from - I don't have the name of the company that produces it, unfortunately. However, they're sending it to their warranty paint guy and it's only going to cost about $150-175 to have her painted Sonic Blue to match the car.

I'll uncover my car and get some pics of it when I get them in and done.

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
Originally posted by 10thVert
I like the looks of the soft cover and would consider one for the 10th anniversary vert. How does it attach to the car? Looks good compare to the one that came with the car.

It has snaps on the rear of the tonneau that snap on the trim piece by the trunk. There is 6 screws holdintgthe trim on, you replace them with the snaps. Then along the sides there are plastic flaps that tuck under the trim, If tou don't have the lightbar/windguard combo the front of the tonneau tucks under the front edge of the rear seat. With the above combo you fit the front of the tonneau over a bar that attaches the windguard to the lightbar. Then that way it has the clean look like above.

In the time it took me to type this I could've put it on & taken it back off no problem.

Edit, but I'm typing slow:dw:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread