Tonight's Lesson (learn from my mistakes, SVTPerformance!)

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Say you just had a bit of success with your writing career. So to celebrate you buy a bottle of 10-year-aged Laphroaig Scotch Whiskey. Which, I don't care who you are, is the good stuff.

Now, say that after having two "quadruples" of Laphroaig, you decide, (hours later, of course!) to go back to your usual, bottom-dollar, Vodka-blended Texas-made Whiskey.

Okay? Now that we have set the stage? The moral of the story, my SVTPerformance homies, is:

DO. NOT. DO. THAT!

Seriously. It ruins both the high-end and the low-end. Just don't do it. Like sex, you can low to high. But you don't want to go the other direction. God, I wish I had stuck to my original idea and used the cheap stuff as inexpensive rocket fuel, after all alcohol does still possess a nice amount of specific impulse, no matter how much it tastes like diesel fuel ... but ... I've said too much, already ...

You have been warned, SVTPerformance!

You are welcome.

P.S. And why in the Hell any of you reprobates couldn't have forewarned me about this, I do not understand! What? Am I alone in here? Am I the only one who doesn't want to see my fellow SVTP'ers not suffer as I have, lo, this awful evening?

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Say you just had a bit of success with your writing career. So to celebrate you buy a bottle of 10-year-aged Laphroaig Scotch Whiskey. Which, I don't care who you are, is the good stuff.

Now, say that after having two "quadruples" of Laphroaig, you decide, (hours later, of course!) to go back to your usual, bottom-dollar, Vodka-blended Texas-made Whiskey.

Okay? Now that we have set the stage? The moral of the story, my SVTPerformance homies, is:

DO. NOT. DO. THAT!

Seriously. It ruins both the high-end and the low-end. Just don't do it. Like sex, you can low to high. But you don't want to go the other direction. God, I wish I had stuck to my original idea and used the cheap stuff as inexpensive rocket fuel, after all alcohol does still possess a nice amount of specific impulse, no matter how much it tastes like diesel fuel ... but ... I've said too much, already ...

You have been warned, SVTPerformance!

You are welcome.

P.S. And why in the Hell any of you reprobates couldn't have forewarned me about this, I do not understand! What? Am I alone in here? Am I the only one who doesn't want to see my fellow SVTP'ers not suffer as I have, lo, this awful evening?
How many times do you need to remind yourself that you’re not 20, and even mixing beer at this stage in life is asking for a severe hangover

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Laphroaig = Bog Water with extra peat! :ROFLMAO: That stuff is way too hard core for me, props to you.
I stopped mixing my alcohols long ago. It's either a Scotch night, or a Beer night, or a Wine night. I feel much better in the AM when I stick to a single intoxicant.

U.M.

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I have made a routine of drinking a LARGE glass of water before going to bed. Yes, I have to get up in the middle of the night to pee, but I don't wake up with a hangover either.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
Yuns need ter stick to shine. Good stuff is clear as spring water and makes you alls cousin look like a stranger.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
We thought you would have known better…. If we knew you didn’t know, we would have warned you. Honest we would have

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
Reading the thread title I was expecting a story about an accident with subatomic particles and getting a visit from the IAEA.

Instead it was just Snover doing the technicolor yawn.

James Snover

Established Member
Premium Member
We thought you would have known better…. If we knew you didn’t know, we would have warned you. Honest we would have
I am ... doubtful ... as to the veracity of your statement. Now, what'd I do with the cheap whiskey ...

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
We didn’t warn you because we all thought you might be over 22. I have heard of these hang-over things but I am blessed to not suffer from them, other than the following day fog of cluelessness

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

James Snover

Established Member
Premium Member
We didn’t warn you because we all thought you might be over 22. I have heard of these hang-over things but I am blessed to not suffer from them, other than the following day fog of cluelessness

Question, and please, be honest, this is for science: Does anyone even notice the difference between the two states?

Seriously, I've had people tell me I'm nicer when I have a hangover. Because the neurons hurt so badly, and are so mutually hostile to each other, that I can't think up ways to tell them how dumb they have been.

James Snover

Established Member
Premium Member
I’m guessing the Blarfing was epic?

I never throw up from getting drunk. That just makes the alcohol cry. And anyways, I've got neurons I'm trying to kill, in an effort to be better able to understand everyone else on Earth. 60, and I apparently have not killed enough of them off yet. Nonetheless, I persevere.

Users who are viewing this thread