To Wait Or Not To Wait...

SVT1320

Established Member
The other week some idiot ran a red light and hit my 2014 GT500 totaling it out. Due to my need for speed, I'm in a predicament.
Do I get me a nicely equipped, slightly used C7 Z06 which are going for 65-70k OR and you know where this is going... hold off for the new unicorn GT500?
My heart is telling me to wait, but with the lack of information; price, release date, etc... Idk how long I can wait, and if I do, will they price these to the moon? If they price these in the 80s, that's new Z06 or slightly used Viper GTS/TA territory, which I highly doubt the GT500 would keep up with...

Just looking for some thoughts or opinions! Thanks!

SVT1320

Established Member
Like the GT350's the new GT500's will no doubt have an ADM.
Even with ADM, I'd be a buyer even if they were pushing mid to upper 70's.
I'm just worried that Ford wont price these to compete with the new ZL1 1LE's you know?
My fear is I wait till next year ish and Ford announces a starting price of 75-80k, then you add ADM and boom... I'm priced out of the market. For the simple fact I'd rather have a slightly used Viper TA\GTS\GTC for that kind of money, that's already taken the deprecation hit as well.

gasyone

Put Her In Jail!
Established Member
I inquired at the dealer where I have bought all my cars. His best guess right now is the ADM will push the price into $110k range as he compares to the R. That will put a ton of people out of the market. Unfortunately is the time we live in.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

SVT1320

Established Member
I inquired at the dealer where I have bought all my cars. His best guess right now is the ADM will push the price into $110k range as he compares to the R. That will put a ton of people out of the market. Unfortunately is the time we live in.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
That's exactly what I'm afraid of, I've just been holding on to the fact that the GT500 has never really been a small numbers car like the 350R is.

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
Even with ADM, I'd be a buyer even if they were pushing mid to upper 70's.
I'm just worried that Ford wont price these to compete with the new ZL1 1LE's you know?
My fear is I wait till next year ish and Ford announces a starting price of 75-80k, then you add ADM and boom... I'm priced out of the market. For the simple fact I'd rather have a slightly used Viper TA\GTS\GTC for that kind of money, that's already taken the deprecation hit as well.

Yeah man, and with more speculation surrounding the car than actual hard facts it makes waiting and possibly missing out on good deals now even tougher to swallow.

SVT1320

Established Member
Screw that ... if I were looking to buy a car right now it would be the 2019 Bullitt
Nahhh not near enough power for my taste. That's why I'm not even looking at a GT350R.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Get a 350 and supercharge it.

Take the supercharger off and reinstall the stock pieces when the gt500 comes out. Sell 350 and sc, buy gt500.

My buddies sc’d 350 makes 750whp, and it shuts down hellcats, zl1’s, z06’s etc like it’s not even trying.

Regarding power, there’s never enough acceleration, but balance et al wise, a supercharged gt350(or r) is 2-3 times the car a hellcat overall.

That said, a hellcat is an excellent car

Last edited:

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I say go for the C7Z06. Awesome cars.
No doubt the new GT500 will have an ADM, plus will be limited as well, so who knows how easy/hard it will be to get one.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I completely agree with a blown GT350 being a great stop gap. It’ll probably tell you if you want a GT500 while the ADMs calm down.
-J

MastaAce03

Established Member
A lot of it depends if you want or prefer a 2 seater. The new Vette will no doubt be very competitive with the new GT500 performance wise if not better. I think you’d lose less money buying a vette and selling it for the GT500 if you wanted vs buying a gt350, boosting it, then trying to unload it. Those gt350s will tank in price once it’s big brother comes out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Gt350 and gt350r will never tank in my opinion.

I think they will gain in value not unlike Porsche 911’s.

Demand drives price. Always.

Look how boss 302’s are doing compared to 2007-2010 gt500’s.

Also, the gt350 and gt350r are not overly obtrusive technological pieces like gtr’s are. That will also keep prices high. A purists car will always hold demand.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
On that exact note, an even better example is 03 cobra vs 07 gt500 resale value.

One has 500hp, was $47,500 new, is 4 years newer, has more tech, has more handling, has more bla bla bla

The 03 cobras sell for almost the same $20-25k range. I just checked car gurus and it was $17 vs $18k lowest prices, and mid $30’s were uncommon but the higher side. Most all were interchangeably $20-30k.

The boss 302’s have only now started to drop into the 28-33k range but again, that is deep in the 07-12 gt500 territory. 444hp vs 500-550hp.

This paints my point that demand drives price, and anybody with a pulse knows the gt350’s have tons of demand

If a 17yr old car still has this much demand, and the gt350 hasn’t yet cooled in demand, I’m personally convinced they are not going to tank even when the new gt500 comes out

The gt350 is gt3 esc, the gt500 is gt2 esc.

Those are entirely different customers

Edit, mic drop.

Well, I agree but the gt3(rs) are fantastic

Last edited:

rwleonard

Established Member
A '13 GT with a little help from VMP and Griggs wouldn't suck. Would be harder to get your money back if you decided to get the unicorn, though.

Users who are viewing this thread