To tint or not to tint?

98Vobra

Established Member
Should I tint the windows on my cobra? I don't know how it would look with a tan top but I just saw a pic of a salleen with 5% and white mirrors and it looked real nice. What do you guys think? Here is a pic of the one I saw.

th_tintedwindows.gif

Here are some of my car.
th_IMG_0010.gif

th_Steve98Cobra1.jpg

Last edited:

pottsy

Established Member
That's a no brainer--it will look better with tint, I've rarely seen a case where it doesn't. BTW, the car looks very good. :thumbsup:

95cobby

Established Member
Yes tint!!! On white cars tinted windows look bad ass, just look at Pottsy's car....... enough said.

98Vobra

Established Member
Thanks pottsy, The only thing I don't like on my car now is the s-281 spoiler not fitting like some of your guys do. Wish I would have known about the heating it up before I had it painted. I ordered it from sallen and had it painted before I even put it on my car :bash: The fit is not to bad but after seeing the thread on here the other day It could look lots better.

what do you guys think about the white mirrors? I like the look but don't know. Yeah I like tint but didn't know with the tan top how it would look. Thanks guys

pottsy

Established Member
98Vobra said:
Thanks pottsy, The only thing I don't like on my car now is the s-281 spoiler not fitting like some of your guys do. Wish I would have known about the heating it up before I had it painted. I ordered it from sallen and had it painted before I even put it on my car :bash: The fit is not to bad but after seeing the thread on here the other day It could look lots better.

what do you guys think about the white mirrors? I like the look but don't know. Yeah I like tint but didn't know with the tan top how it would look. Thanks guys

I hear ya about the spoiler, mine fits decently (the gap is small) but it doesn't line up like I want with the fender lines. It certainly isn't like Josh's spoiler after the work he did.

As for the mirrors...I like the contrast of black and white, IMO the totally painted white mirrors give too much white...however, if the 03/04 Cobra mirrors fit, that might look really good. Just my thoughts.... :shrug:

98Vobra

Established Member
I guess I will be tinting my car, thanks guys. And pottsy the 03 cobra mirrors work on our cars and look great.

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
pottsy said:
Sorry for the hijack, but what are you looking at getting?

White or Black 03/04.... Mod the piss out of it, and probably install a stroker when/if it blows up... I cant seem to get myself to move to anything else other than a Mustang... Will be building a race Pantera in about 8/10 yrs...

Apologize for the hijack too... bump for ya!

Lightning LA

Mark it ZERO!
Established Member
I have seen a White vert with Tan top with his windows tinted and it looked great. I agree with every one, tinting your windows is a must. It does more than just make your vehicle look 100% better, it also keeps the sun from fading your interior, and also keeps the inside of your car cooler as well. Also have them put a front window tint strip on, that helps complete the look of tinting your windows, and does wonders for keeping the sun out of your eyes.Every new car or truck I have ever bought(and it's been quite a few) I didn't have them more than a week before the windows were tinted, always the 1st thing on my list. I'm so use to riding in vehicles that have tint, when I get in one that don't it just feels funny, and the sun just beats down on you! So do it, you won't regret it I promise! :thumbsup:

98Vobra

Established Member
How big of strip should I put on the front windsheild? 10" and what % should I go 5? Thanks for all the post guys my mind is made up now just to pick the %

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
98Vobra said:
How big of strip should I put on the front windsheild? 10" and what % should I go 5? Thanks for all the post guys my mind is made up now just to pick the %
I don't like the strips on the front windshield. Looks tacky to me. I would leave it alone just tint the sides and back good enough you'll be fine. 15-20% :pepper:

Users who are viewing this thread