To those with the: Accufab T/B & Plenum

Black03COBRA

Well,

i dont know if u have read my posts about my car not starting but for some reason i cant get it started and its NOT the:

1. TB/Plenum
2. Chip
3. Batt

What do u guys think it could be, before i save myself time and money taking it to the dealer ( i would have to take pretty much all my mods off except exhasut and shifter).

any ideas besides the ones listed above and plugs/injectors?

Thanks

Black0Three

PS- Please no smart@$$ comments.

Sonic03

Alaskan Assasin
Established Member
cover your tracks, demod the car and take it into your dealership...that is the best advice I can give...anything else would be assumption.....the last thread had alot of that and it turned up nothing...good luck, I hope you get her running..I haven't drove my '03 for a few months now and its driving me crazy...

Black03COBRA

do u think i should take off everything on the motor that has been modded? i dont think a MAF and airfilter would hurt it....the only thing i am thinking I HAVE to take off is the pulley. wut do u think?

thanks

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by Black0Three
do u think i should take off everything on the motor that has been modded? i dont think a MAF and airfilter would hurt it....the only thing i am thinking I HAVE to take off is the pulley. wut do u think?

thanks
I'd take everything off, especially the MAF and filter.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
If your going to take off the pulley than you might as well take off the filter too. Just in case you know?

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
I still think it has something to do with the "PATS" system. Did you have the keys in the ignition anytime that battery was disconnected and connected when the computer was out of the car?

If you have to take it in, then remove all mods!!!!

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Seems like it would be much easier to just take off the pulley and go to the dealer.

J. Mihovetz

Established Member
I need to know exactly step by step what has transpired to try and help you. What have you checked, what tools you have access to and have you put it back to stock. Otherwise, remove EVERYTHING and take it back to the dealer. Do not leave one thing on there to draw attention to yourself.

Call me in my office on Monday and I'll see what can be done

John Mihovetz

Black03COBRA

Did you have the keys in the ignition anytime that battery was disconnected and connected when the computer was out of the car?

ummm.....i might have. well im just gonna sweep the car one last time and check everything over. if i cant find anything, to the dealer it will go.

is there anyway they can just reset the keys by bringing them the computer and keys so the car doesnt have to move?

I don't understand why you are still posting ".... TB..." in your thread titles, it just stirs up BS.

i dont know why iposted accufab, but i posted tb because for those who installed a Tb, maybe they focked up as big as i did, and had the same problem(s).

about the dealer, well i talked to my old man and he knows a good mechanic that works on all my dads work trucks and stuff, so hes gonna look it over before i go ripping everythign off and returning it to stock. ahh this is some $hit.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you have the keys in the ignition anytime that battery was disconnected and connected when the computer was out of the car?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Black0Three
ummm.....i might have.

that could very well be the problem here!

just out of curiosity, have you tried to start it with both of your keys or just one?...

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
when you guys talk about having the keys in the ignition, do you mean having the key in turned to the accessories or just having the key in the ingition at all while connecting/disconnecting the battery can be harmful.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
I do not know for sure...I have never left keys in ignition at all on any of my PATS/VATS/Passlock vehicles

NeedForSpeed

Established Member
hmm???

I left my key in the ign. in the off position when I dis. the neg battery ter. to install my densecharger. I also have the accufab TB&inlet......... I never had any starting issues.

It's gotta be something simple thats just been over looked.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
logic tells me that it would need to be turned to run or start for the "damage" to occur to the PATS programming, but to be on the safe side I always completely remove key.

Last edited:

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
Just to make sure, the engine is turning over (cranking)?

If it is than do what JB suggested and try the other set of keys?

Is the theft light flashing fast?

:read:

Black03COBRA

just out of curiosity, have you tried to start it with both of your keys or just one?...

i have only tried one of the keys.

Just to make sure, the engine is turning over (cranking)?

the engine is cranking. it is also getting fuel because i almost passed out trying to start it from the smell of the C02. i highly doubt anything is fouled, but then again you never know. im going to recheck everything in about 30 mins. i really hope it is only something just looked over.

Users who are viewing this thread