To order or not

bumplime

Established Member
I've been very content on "waiting" for the right deal to come along. I'd realistically planned to wait until January, hoping I'd find a dealer ready to abandon their Adjusted Market Value. However; tonight my wife re ignited my desire by telling me a local dealer had an array of new Mustangs lined up....no New Gt500s. I started the process of calling some local and not local dealers and found a few Mentally Challenged dealers that wanted 20K over(Courtesy Ford in Oregon) and 15K( dealer in Payette Idaho) and then found two local dealers who will order at MSRP. Now as I am excited and anxious to pull the trigger, my realistic side is hounding me. If I order now, realistically I'd see the car in 8-12 weeks. That's Rain season here in the Pacific Northwest. As much as I want a new model year, it may make more financial sense to hold off and order a 14 in Nov-Dec. oh to har the ability to struggle with this decision. Truly a blessed feeling yet so damn frustrating, what say you my 500 Brethren? Order it and say F the rain or drive the hell out of my 08 until the rain hits and then wait.

farmboy90

Established Member
If I order now, realistically I'd see the car in 8-12 weeks.

If you really did find a dealer with an unused allocation, I would order the Cobra. It is just an insane amount of car for the money. Rain be damned.

However 8-12 weeks is not realistic. You should ask those dealers when their allocations will be built, but at this point I would bet it's 4th quarter. Assuming it is, then you could probably hope for the car by Christmas.

Still worth it in my opinion. :)

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
I would wait for the 2014. If you don't need the car, its not a huge deal for you. You have the luxury of waiting. Besides if its raining all the time at that time period, you wont be driving/enjoying it. Still, your choice..

Snoopy49

Established Member
That's Rain season here in the Pacific Northwest. As much as I want a new model year, it may make more financial sense to hold off and order a 14 in Nov-Dec.

If the 2014 ordering is anything like the 2013, you won't be able to order until sometime in Mar 2013 and the car won't be built until late April or May and that is if you are lucky enough to order from a dealer with some clout with Ford. There are people on this and other forums who ordered in April and are still unscheduled. Plus, you never hear of a price reduction when the new car prices are announced.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
If the 2014 ordering is anything like the 2013, you won't be able to order until sometime in Mar 2013 and the car won't be built until late April or May and that is if you are lucky enough to order from a dealer with some clout with Ford. There are people on this and other forums who ordered in April and are still unscheduled. Plus, you never hear of a price reduction when the new car prices are announced.

There is also the possibility of a certain colour option fading away for '14...

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
If you're not going to drive the car much because of the weather, I would wait and watch the market. It is very likely there will be '13's on dealer lots later this year.
S.

Users who are viewing this thread