To do longtubes or not to do longtubes

Nervouswreck

Established Member
Hey guys , working on getting my winter list together and i have a question, are longtubes worth it ???

I’ve read all the links on here , the exhaust section , the “ before you post “ part , and I’m still at a lost lol . So first off , here is what my goals are and my current setup

I just had my motor rebuilt last year , just basic rebuild , heads completely redone, all new bearings top to bottom , new Manley pistons , Billet timing components, Billet guides , etc , also head cooling mod , and MMR oil pan .

My questions, first off , being that i have an oversized oil pan can i have issues with either MAC LT’s or Kooks LT’s with fitment ? I’ve read guys with Kooks have fitment issues with oversized oil pans but haven’t heard of the same issue with the MAC’s . I’m still running the Eaton only ported , BAP , 60 lb injectors , upper pulley , and that’s about it , currently my hp is 490 hp ( on a Mustang dyno ) and on a 95 degree day lol . So what LT’s would you go with ?

Second question, what hp gains could i expect with my current setup and adding the LT’s with a tune ?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

wkornf

Established Member
not worth it on a 4v. makes serving the engine twice as hard or more if you don't have tubular k member. go with more boost.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quick Strike

Established Member
I don't think you will see any gains in HP with long tubes until you step up to larger blower and more boost. I have Kooks stepped headers and they fit around my Canton road racing pan just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread