Title Issues

Blake 93

I recently purchased a 93 Cobra, prior to acquiring the car I ran the VIN # on separate sites. The results from these sites all provided clean title results, now I find from CARFAX (thx for helping Zak with report) showing total loss? My title shows no salvage or rebuild, Carfax showed no structural damage or airbag deployment (all from 1995). I have inspected the car for indications of prior damage and only discovered a slight bubble on front frame rail. Car still retains stock radiator support and aprons but it has a ford OEM bumper cover installed. Rest of the car is stock with the exception of exhaust, seat covers and LMR quarter glass have replaced the original.

I purchased the car knowing it needed restored which I still plan on completing. Has anyone else had this issue before? Could the car have been stolen at some point prior? My title like stated is clean with no brands? Guess I'm just ranting about finding this out but at the end of the day it's still a 93 Cobra which will be restored?
This ever happen to anyone??

buddha93

Established Member
Could be a theft recovery car, different states have different laws as it pertains to car titles. While one state may show a salvage or rebuild title, it's simple matter of getting the title in another state as a way of gaining a clean one.

It's also possible there is an error with Carfax, as these not every report is 100% accurate.

Users who are viewing this thread