Titanium Brake Shields for GT350

cloud9

Established Member
I found someone who will make titanium brake shields for our massive front calipers, but we need 25 sets for them to do it. I have 8 sets just talking to guys I know already today so am putting it out there for others that are interested. These things really save your piston seals if you're tracking the car. Unfortunately there just aren't many after-market products out there yet, and with our limited run some items that are exclusive to the GT350 and not the entire S550 line will be tough to find. They will run $140 per set of 4 0.5mm shims, but he said the initial order of 25 would be discounted below that price. Please PM me if interested so we can get these made ASAP. I'm hoping to get them soon before I toast the seals.

Last edited:

jtfx6552

Established Member
Tell me about the shields. Why don't the cars come with them, why do we want them, and will they enhance or hinder cooling?

cloud9

Established Member
They protect your piston seals from excessive heat that will turn them to a crisp under track conditions. Visit hardbrakes.com for more info.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Am I understanding correctly that these go between the pad and caliper piston?

AZBOSS

Established Member
FWIW I ran these on my OEM BOSS302 Brembos to help prevent excessive heat transmission into the brake fluid from the race brake pads and they worked quite well.
These are an inexpensive peace-of-mind mod for people that will really push the cars on-track and they will help prolong the life of your dust boots and brake fluid, as Cloud9 mentioned.

liter of cola

Established Member
so these arnt needed unless your gonna be tracking your car a lot right? I plan on attending maybe 1-2 track days with my 350.

cloud9

Established Member
Progress!!! I have commitments for 36 sets already so they'll go into production. Here's the latest.......

"So the drawing worked out just fine, we got them drawn up and cut a couple samples out of cardboard on our laser that I’m going to throw in the mail today for you to check out and make sure you’re happy with.

I’m still working on pricing, I should have that by the end of the day today once we figure out how many we can cut per sheet.

Thanks! "

cloud9

Established Member
As of today here is where we stand:

- Drawings were completeed in AutoCAD
- Samples were cut out of cardboard on the lasercutter
- Samples are en route to my location to confirm fitment.

Will hope to having pricing for the fronts and rears in the coming hours.

Users who are viewing this thread